experiencing unusual symptoms of mono

Posted , 4 users are following.

so i peeled off some of the phlegm from my tonsils, which look incredibly gnarly and swollen.. now i'm pooping and peeing blood (sometimes against my own will) and i'm not sure if that's normal for mono. it smells like something died in my mouth and in my nether regions. i went to the doctor 5 days ago for a uti test and they found no bacteria in my blood. i'm not sure what to do now. do i go back to the walk-in or stay at home and recover a bit more?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Sorry you are going through this! I’m in my 8th month and have experienced the weirdest symptoms, however none that you mentioned but that doesn’t mean anything as the symptoms can very from person to person!’ I did have the smell of death in My mouth when all this started but I had tonsil stones which I poked them out (don’t reccomend  doing that!! Once they were out it was fine! I think if bleeding the way you are it warrants another’s trip to the Dr! ANy other symptoms?!

• Posted

Hi fatigued,

So sorry to hear you're having these problems, have you already been diagnosed with mono? It wasn't something I experienced with mono in terms of blood in poo or pee, but please do go back to the doc and ask for blood tests, urine tests and faeces test to follow up on that. The one time I had some small blood patches in my poo was when I had a campylobacter infection, and they could only pick that up with a faeces test.

Really hoping things settle down soon, thinking of you and remember just keep persisting with the doctor if this is ongoing, that's really important. I would definitely go back to the doctor with these issues rather than wait longer. It's so frustrating I know and hang in there - I do believe you are going to make a full recovery with God's help.

Craig

• Posted

the blood in my pee has been absent all day but i will visit my doctor if it comes back. thank you craig. good prayers.
    • Posted

Thanks fatigued, that is a good sign that not seeing that in your pee today, hoping that continues and yes do please go to the doctor - hoping things settle and thinking about you, I know these things are so worrying and horrible to deal with. Hang in there and trusting God with your recovery.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.