Explain why is it our left side always affected.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi ladies can anyone enlighten me on why our left dide gets affected all the time and makes us feel l8ke its d end of life?

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Left sided symptoms are baffling. All I know is that when you read forums relating to other autoimmune or viral infections those people seem to have predominantly left side issues as well, men included. So my theory is that when hormones start going wacky, it causes our immune systems to lower thus leaving us vulnerable to things our immune systems were keeping in check. People also get these things when under great stress, not sleeping well, anything that will weaken the immune system
  • Posted

I am wondering that myself!! Always left shoulder, hip, knee, foot, arm & butt cheek !!!

• Edited

It's my right side.....hip, shoulder....

• Posted

me too! while both me legs are bothering me at the moment, my right side is hurting more. my hips are killing me,which make it difficult to walk and my thighs. meni is just so awesome...NOT!!🙄

• Posted

Oh!  Definitely... my foot, knee, ovary and boob! No idea why!
    • Posted

My lower back kills all the time ( disc issues)...armpit sometimes.  My ribcage not so baf since GERD under control...sort of, maybe!  😀

• Posted

I was told becuz of acid its a possibility
  • Posted

YES! This!! 

Seven/eight years ago (I was 32) my left side went completely numb. No feeling, minimal movement...my husband brought me to the ER, we and the doctor believed I had a stroke. MRI, CT scans and nothing. Now I have burning pain on the left side of my chest, going into arm and neck, with shortness of breath, again only on the left side. And of course CT shows nothing...why, why, why is it only on the left side? What an excellent question!!!!!! Thank you 😊 since I've joined this forum I do not feel so alone and adrift.

• Posted

Omg!  My left foot went dead one morning last year... not like pins and needles... I couldn’t feel anything ...ER said nothing seemed wrong.  Then, got screened for MS...all clear.  Hasn’t happened in awhile...it will probably happen now that I mentioned it😀

• Posted

Good question. Feel the same esp left hand numb or tingling. Leg too. ..... cant start my scooter. Is it related to heart ?
  • Posted

I would love to know this too! My symptoms are mostly the left shoulder, neck, area right under left rib, left groin area, and my left thigh.
    • Posted

I think there is a main nerve that runs on that side and can set off different sensations.  It’s weird that heart attacks trigger left arm pain, sciatic nerve pain is left sided too...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.