Explosive anger episode after Seroquel dose deecreased

Posted , 2 users are following.

My Seroquel dose was decreased from 500mg to 200mg a few weeks ago due to side effects. I had an argument with my 26 year old daughter. I exploded in a horrible rage and threw a shoe at her, then she beat me up. She told me to kill myself, and I took out A knife and threatened to do it. I put it back and left the house. She called the police and now they're charging me with domestic abuse. I've NEVER been violent in my life!!! Could this have happened because of the med change? Help, I'm SO scared!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Kat

Talk to your GP, you both seem as bad as each other.. My temper was bad and was taken in and charged only once and did not get much sympathy from anyone including the CPN, Crisis Team and GP, however they did give support and I moved onĀ 

Have the Police had you in for a Statement ? I would think you are both wrong, and it is easy to put all down to your medication. Your Daughter has pushed to hard, Explain to the police the truth and you could contact

NHS Information Line on Tel 111 and explain your concerns, It may be a good idea for you to see a Crisis Team.

Talk to your GP, let us know how you get on

BOB

• Posted

I know we were both wrong. I don't want to blame it on the meds, but I surprised even myself with my unprecedented rage. We have reconciled, but she isn't the one pressing charges. All police calls for domestic abuse automatically go to the local prosecutor and they decide whether to charge me or not. Yes I started it, after 2 hours of her rotten behavior and taunting me. (No excuse, I guess). But it seems unfair that I threw a shoe at her leg, and she beat the crap out of me, punching, kicking, and hitting me with a packaging tape dispenser and nothing happens to her. She has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and is much bigger than me. She's transgendered, so built like a large man.

I already spoke to my psychiatrist and therapist (who is also a lawyer). He told me not to give a statement because I would be admitting I am guilty. I did take photos of my black eye, cuts and bruises on my arms and chest. I just want it to go away.

I'm terrified of going to jail. I have a pristine record, never even had a traffic ticket. I never even spanked either of my kids, EVER. This behavior is completely out if character for me. I don't know how the heck this happened. I am NOT this angry person. I'm so sad and depressed. Thanks for responding. I'm seeing my doctor on Monday.

• Posted

When you see your GP Monday, have a list with everything that has happened. Make a further appointment with a Solicitor. Would it be possible your Trick Cyclist would help and support you if it goes the distance ?, you need support and a friend who can look after your interests, it may be a cross summons may need to be taken out as the damage caused by Her is far greater than anything done by you it would seem She has used excessive force and there was exessive provocation from this person.

I would have her out the house and gone for what had transpired.

BOB

• Posted

Good advice. I told her and her boyfriend living here to get out that day. I've been trying to get them out for months. They asked to come back the next day, and hard as it was, I said no. They are 41 and 26, time to be adults and support themselves. They both also have mental health issues. What a dysfunctional mess, right?

• Posted

Kat

Believe me my Mother and Sisters are really nasty, I have had to disappear and no-one knows where we are.

I am always here to chat if need be.

BOB

• Posted

Thank you so much, I don't have many people to talk to, my family is in another state

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.