Exposure and symptoms! help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a virgin male so I know this will sound completely ridiculous, but 6 days ago a girl gave me a used sex toy, it was some realistic male Masturbator, I left it on the shelf for the first day and a half then I decided to clean it out with Irish spring soap in hot warm and cold water and then use it, I soon got scared like i may have gotten HIV because of bumps above my penis area, it itches and it's white or red I peeled it off easily and blood came out but that could of been from shaving 2-3 weeks ago, another thing is i got chills in my arms and legs and I feel tired and my anxiety is going crazy and I'm imagining underarm pains but got no rashes or similar symptons so please tell me the risk I would be in if a someone with hiv used it 2 days before Me and then I used it? And would my risk be higher if I didn't wash it out before using it? Its been 4 days now since my exposure, and I got a mild fever, no coughs just feel cood and held up in my chest but I did wash my hair two days straight and walked out into rhe cold without drying it, Thank you for any help !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sex toys should be as personal as toothbrushes. Never never share,or use one that belongs to,or has belonged to another person.     I doubt if you have caught hiv but theres always the risk of catching an STD.      You dont say you have any rash etc on the penis itself,so just keep the area clean and dry and if you are still concerned in a few days time then get yourself tested. If you are in UK then look up your nearest GUM clinic. You will be totally anymous there. You can always see your GP[doctor] of course. They are not phased by anything like this,so you dont have to be embarrassed. 
    • Posted

Yes I have no rash down on my penis just bumps where I shaved 2 weeks ago I think theyre hair bumps or ingrown hair, I have no physical symptoms it's been 5-6 days and symptoms make me feel like my neck is hurting and armpit is tinging and i notice my heartbeat in my neck Everytime i think about it and I think that's a symptom, I through away the toy but if I washed it out with soap and hot water there's a chance I got it? And I put my finger in it before I washed it and my skin near my nail is peeled? If it was dried up sperm in it could I still catch it ? Even if she said ahe bleched it, washed it, or its been sitting idol for a month ?but what if it wasnt for a month ? Any difference ? And thank you so much

• Posted

You are probably freaking out unnecessarily.    You now have a thought in your mind and everything you experience you relate back to the sex toy and a possible infection.    The aches and pains etc are also probably  magnified in your mind,although maybe just a normal cold or 'flu.  Anxiety can give you the sort of pains you are describing in your neck,because you are tense.  I can only repeat that if you are really worried or the symptoms increase then seek medical help. 

• Posted

I will if it consist, but it's not a flu I felt cold outside and warm inside now I feel regular, i wasn't coughing or do I got a sore throat and no lymph nodes, I found out it's anxiety causing me to see my neck pulse, and I read that dried semen means hiv is dead and if I let it sit out for over a day it been dead so I don't THINK I need medical help amd thanks !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.