Exstream Fear thinking.

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the last 2 months I wake up in complete fear. My body acts as if I I'm in terror.  My heart starts beating fast I start sweating and my muscle tense up.  I find I have to talk myself out of these spells, Tell myself everything is alright. I have a roof over my head , a husband and 2 grown children and I have a part time job. It takes me most of the day to finally feel at ease. By evenings I am doing "OK".

I have shared this with my Dr, she only asked me if I wanted to harm myself or others?  "NO"

Has anyone else felt this ? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yeah more times than I can count are you any where near menopause? Because in 2006 this hit me hard I was 52 and wow it was terrible....my doctor said menopause couldn't sleep had trouble sleep and panic attacks at night...norrid
  • Posted

Yes! For months until i have finallyrealised there is light atthe end of the tunnel! See the doctor again and ask for a referral to CBT, i had to wait 4 months to see someone, so the quicker you get on the list, the better. Also, try meditation, it helps control your breathing. I had this for months, not always when i first woke up, but at random times throughout the day, completely out of the blue, but it does get better!!!
  • Posted

I know for me my anxiety is worse in the morning. I wake and jump out of bed with fear. Then it's up and down all day and I'm getting ok by evening. I have been here before,many years ago and got through it so I can offer you the same words that I tell myself everyday " we can get through this,this is just a stage in our lives where our bodies and minds have had enough. If we had a broken leg we would be kind to ourselves and understand that it needs time to heal,our minds are the same"!! 

I don't know if you have been to the doctors Rose but sometimes just having somebody to talk to and support us is a great help. Reassurance is a great thing in the times we are desperate and scared. I ask my doctor,even write a list and then I come on support forums and look for stories of people who have come out of this the other side.

My heart is sad for all off us suffering like this. I have lots of support but it still feels like I'm battling this alone. A huge (((HUG))) for you. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.