Exteme fatigue, neurological problems please help!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So the last two 1/2 months have been hell. My symptoms have been a consistent fatigue, muscle twitches/ muscle pulsating, heart palpitations, exteme brain fog/ feeling of detachment( like nothing is real), off and on headaches, extremely vivid dreams everytime I sleep, waking up with a heavy feeling in my head, sinus infections/viral infections, muscle and joint soreness/ stiffness. For the first two months I was told I had mono and then told they were false positives after a trip to the hospital, I've seen a rhemutologist, infectious disease doctor, had countless tests for cancers, autoimmune, etc. and this all came out of no where one day I was fine and then suddenly I started to feel all and there has been no relief for two months. On my blood tests the only abnormalities have been a low White blood cell count/false positive mono. Recently I had an ELISA test for Lyme but It came back negative, but I heard those can be inaccurate for late stage lyme so I was wondering if I should get a Western Blot done. At this point I have no idea what to do, I was a healthy 17 year old girl and now I can't even keep my eyes open past 10pm. I think the next step would be to see a neurologist but it's getting to the point where doctors are calling me crazy and depressed and saying it's all in my head. I just want my life back! Please help!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oh honey, I feel you 100%. I have every single symptom you have. I have been suffering for a bout 3 months now and I have been called crazy by everyone too. I am your age too. Go over to the Lyme Disease discussion form  and check out my post and a few of the others. Lots of people get these symptoms when they have Lyme even if they don't recall a bit or rash. Do some research on Lyme that's what I did and you'll be surprised with what you find. Yes, the Lyme testing is very inaccurate and can take a very long time to show up positive. Be persistent with doctors and don't let them walk over you. Also, Try to find a Lyme doctor in your area and go see them. Lyme literate doctors are key to proper recovery! I have had two tick testing panels done and I'm waiting on results. I live in US so Lyme is a common thing with doctors here yet it is still really hard to get treatment and accurate testing done. So don't give up! Also you can do a few things in the meantime to help yourself...stay away from SUGAR! Lyme feeds off of sugar and the disease becomes worse! Also, stay away from FAT in foods that can contribute to problems just as bad. Do some mild exercises and look into supplements for vitamins and probiotics and digestive enzymes. These will help fight off the disease and make you feel a bit better. Also look up detox methods for Lyme there's a lot of natural remedies to help fight off the toxins of the disease. Lastly, there's a website called they have free testing kits for Lyme that checks everything and is way more accurate you order a kit, get the testing done and then send it back and they give you the results that way you have proof for your doctor. Although it could be about 150$ if your insurance doesn't cover the testing from the kit. Good luck! and feel free to PM me!

[b]I have removed reference to individual private clinics which are not supported by UK doctors[b]

• Posted

My message is waiting to be viewed but feel free to message me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.