External hemorrhoids

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I had this surgery Aug 20 and a week later it still hurts . It hurts when I have a bm still pretty bad where I bleed. I also have another worry from the bottom of my butt check to my knee on the back of my leg is numb??? Anyone else have this problem after surgery? It wasn't numb when I went in only after. A week and half later it is still numb. Plus I want to know anything and everything about any complications anyone had after because the pain I still feel a hole week later is freaking me out. Thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

It will takes a few weeks for the wounds to heal. You just have to ride it out. You need to Talk to your doctor about numb leg! 

• Posted

Hi there, so sorry for what you are going through. All of us on this forum know exactly what you are going through  and the intensity of the pain. One thing if I have learned is that everyone recovers differently. I was also so worried because I took a long time to recover and still had pain after every BM for weeks afterwards. In fact I still have some pain. I also had numbness down the back of my legs after a BM. I am now 2 months post op and feeling a lot better now. I still have some pain but it is manageable and so much better. Some people said they felt better 5 days after surgery but for me it has been much longer. The best advise I can give is to never forget to take your stool softener every evening, don’t wipe using toilet paper, always use wipes and be very gentle. When on the toilet try and squat rather than just sitting. I just put my feet up onto a bucket so they are raised. I have used some vaseline to keep the area lubricated so that going to the toilet is easier. I have also used some organic beeswax ointment meant for baby rash or even some calmoseptine. Please let your body heal and don’t be too concerned that it’s taking a bit longer. Wishing you good luck and I hope it starts improving soon! 
    • Posted

Hi Debra, how did you find the Calmoseptine? I got some yesterday. 
    • Posted

Hi Daz, it’s good. It calms the area and takes the inflammation down a bit. How are you finding it? 
    • Posted

Like it's not numb after I poop it's been numb the hole time after surgery. I called my doctor and they didn't know why . It's weird

• Posted

Don’t worry too much about it Brittany. It’s early days yet. My leg pain also confused the doctors and I still have it sometimes but it has improved. I would say give yourself at least 6 weeks to heal and see how it feels after that. But don’t worry about it and take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.