External Hems?

Posted , 3 users are following.

imageimage

Hi,

I have suffered with internal hemms for a while now but I have recently developed what looks like a purple lump (sometimes 2) on the outside of the anus. These burn, are uncomfortable and get worse in times of stress and anxiety, I can literally feel them swelling up. Since developing them I have also had issues with some leakage.

I'm thinking external hems but unsure.

Thanks for your help

Dan

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

That's exactly how mine started out! Like i said, i have an appointment in 3 days and ill reach out and let you know what i find out.

• Posted

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

My guess is it's hemms as I've had internals for years. Mine don't itch but the burning is horrific. Internals are more common than external as they are more delicate, the chances are that you may have both.

Keep in touch

Regards

Dan

• Posted

sorry to leave you hanging for a few days, I went and saw my doctor and yes, as what that is is an X ternal or a ruptured hemorrhoid. He said that they will go away on their own just keep like preparation H or anything like that around but he said it will burn and it will each and then it’ll disappear but like he said, there is so much nasty in terms of germs that are so more than what used to be he said that you were going to have to keep up with daily cleaning all the time or that will continue to happen

• Edited

Thanks for your reply Ryan, really appreciated. It is almost impossible to see a GP at the moment here. As I said in my earlier post, Internal hemms are more delicate and common so I wouldn't be suprised if you have those too, they give me more issues than the external. This maybe something for you to look out for. I'm glad you have answers and appreciate you coming back to share.

All the best

Dan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.