Extra beats though heart is fine.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. Lately, i was experiencing frequent extra beats. Which knocked the crap out of me and made me more anxious and of course, physical symptoms gone worse. Chest pain and all the common ones. What i want to ask is, is it caused by my anxiety, i have been suffering it for 4 months and the early beats scared me so it made me more anxious. Though heart tests were perfectly fine. I have done Echo, Ecg, Stress test, chest x-ray, blood tests and i was at ER under monitor. So is it caused by my anxiety? afraid to have a heart disease.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention my age, I am 17 years old.
  • Posted

You could be put on beta blockers they are used for a variety of health issues I was prescribed them years ago for my heart beat through anxiety attacks
    • Posted

That would have to be discussed with your doctor as could depend on what other medication your on
    • Posted

No med at all. I am asking it through your experience.
    • Posted

Personally I didn't take them even though prescribed felt I was taking enough medication. A member of my family took them for a proper heart problem and he is great.

• Posted

I'm currently on beta blockers 40.mg for stress and anxiety disorder I take one tablet before bed and it does seem to help but does make me feel tired and dehydrated. Hope this helps you

• Posted

I have all of these issues, had same tests, and long story short my doctor said it's my anxiety imagining them, meaning the pain were feeling isn't real.. If they can't find anything wrong with us, it's because there isn't anything wrong with us physically, so it must be mentally.. It seems like the common thing doctors do is put you on propanolol, which is what my doctor did last week. I refuse to take them though because I researched them and saw that they're actually supposed to be prescribed for real heart issues, not anxiety, headaches, etc. That makes me extremely nervous to be taking a med for my heart that I do not actually need, so I'll stick to my medicine and occassional Xanax during a panic attack.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.