Extra side effect?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi.. just a quick one, iv been on ven 37.5 for 6 days due to add another 37.5mg on day 8 at and stick at 75mg from then on. Has onyone els whos done this had side effects from upping the dose? A little scetchy about doing this.? Thanks xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Personally no, I’ve been right up to 150mg  with no side effects.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying.. just wonderd that if i went up a dose id be hit with side effect of the meds - thanks xx
  • Posted

Hi Sammy,

please be careful - there has been public discussion on the degree to which Venlafaxine is an addictive, high dependency drug - the higher the dose, I'd suggest, the more likely are long-term side effects. 

• Posted

Iv prescribed it for cronic aniexty.. atm im on 37.5mg witch is conciderd a low dose, but told to up it after 7days too two 37.5mg tabs a day im sceptical tbh but im goin to call my GP tomrw to descuss with them xx
    • Posted

Sounds a good idea to me. Please make your concerns known. My own experience was not a happy one - as I believe I was on the drug way too long. It seemed a boon up to about 2 years, but after that, lass so - and balanced against the side effects. I'm fairly confident it was complicit in undermining my digestive system as well as bringing about a constant dizziness + pressure in my brain. Sorry to sound so negative, but better bring these things out in the open I think. Best wishes, P.

• Posted

hi, doctor give me 75mg i break it up and take 3/4 of it. if i take the full 75mg i feel really ill late in the afternoon and i feel like i am about to collapse and my muscle tighten up and it difficult to walk .but on that amount venlafaxine work really well for me and i think it the best antidepressant i've ever had .all i can say is give them a go 

• Posted

I've been taking 75 mg since last June. No relapse in initial side effects (or new ones) when I went up from 37.5 to 75. My only real side effect is that I sweat in my sleep about 50% of nights. For me, this is an easy trade -off considering where I was last June. This med has worked wonders for me, and I hope it will for you too. 

• Posted

How long did it take to get over the blips one day is good then the next day is bad I am on a 75 +37.5 for 6 weeks?
    • Posted

I only experienced the initial side effects for about a week. Those being excessive sweating, dizzy, jumpy, lethargic. Now, I just sweat at night a little. If I forget to take my pill one day, I will be a bit dizzy the next day for a bit.

Best of luck!

• Posted

Did you have ups and downs until you got better.
    • Posted

Not really, but please remember that everyone is different and that its supposed to take 8 weeks to reach full effect. I initially started taking it because of severe anxiety and a resting HR of 140 (from the anxiety). With the 37.5 mg a day, my anxiety decreased, but my HR was still high. With the increase to 75, my HR is normal again. This happened within a few days of upping the dose and I've been pretty consistent ever since.That's not to say that I don't experience ANY anxiety symptoms anymore, the ven just makes it easier to brush off and not let it consume me.

?It is quite possible that you are not at the correct dose yet, too.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.