Extreme anxiety, muscle and throat problems

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello, I am very new to this forum.  I am looking for some help with regard to feelings of extreme anxiety and muscle weakness sensations which are in my arms and legs and I even feel weakness in my face and throat muscles. This is really worrying me.  My periods were very irregular throughout 2015 and the last one I have had was about 9 weeks ago.  I am 52 years old.  I have convinced myself I have some awful disease. Has anyone suffered any similar feelings or sensations in menopause? Many thanks.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Drew, welcome, so glad you are here, Yes, I have experienced all of those issues. It is a very common but upsetting aspect to this, I have had severe anxiety for at least a year. Mine is centered around fear of everything especially medical fears and I think all of these bodily changes has sparked the fear, its pretty bad. But, coming here has HELPED a great deal. Keep coming back
  • Posted

hi drew, ive read about muscle weakening - throat and stomach area too - pretty alarming - food doesnt travel down the food pipe at the rate at which it used to earlier...its faster - i read someone say - whatever i eat just passes through - can cause reactive hypoglycemia

you just have to eat at frequent intervals

i dont know if hrt solves this

• Posted

Dear Drewsgirl,

I can relate to the anxiety, that really started with me recently, I too am 52, i started to go through meno and had my ovaries removed due to family history, so went into surgical menopause. Prior to my op i had the odd panic feeling and attack but this anxiety was even worse. I find myself panicking in situations where it wouldnt normally worry me. I have cut back on my coffee intake but i cant do much about the lack of sleep which i believe makes it worse too xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.