Extreme bleeding for years now

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone! My name is Maggie and I'm only 15 years old which is definitely very young to be in a group like this but hang with me guys! I was diagnosed with percosious puberty when I was 4 years old, and have struggled with hormones ever since. I was on the lupron shot for years before switching over to an arm implant which was then removed around the age of 10 to allow me to start puberty. I got my first period at around 12 years old, and it has been a hormonal nightmare ever since. Fast forward to just a few months after my first period, and I was already on my first birth control for HORRENDOUS pain and extreme bleeding. From then on out, I've been on several birth controls over a time period of two years, before being switched over to straight oral progestin, and then over to progesterone about a month ago due to weight gain and severe anxiety issues being caused by the progestin. On top of that, in order to get this constant bleeding to stop that I've been dealing with for years now, I had the Mirena implant put in about 5 months ago, so as of this moment, I'm on a mixture of hormones coming from the Mirena, and 200 mg of oral progesterone daily. I've been on high doses of progesterone (or progesterone containing birth control) for about 2 years now, slowly upping the dosage as the constant bleeding and uterine pain has continued. But even through this, my progesterone levels are EXTREMELY low at only 0.88 when the levels at my age are supposed to be at around 25 to 30 according to my doctor. I'm starting to honestly feel hopeless since the hormones make me feel like crap, the constant bleeding has me taking several different medications that I never had to take before such as pain medication and Zoloft as the bleeding has taken a huge toll on me mentally, and me and my doctor are struggling to get this under control! And on top of that, I'm a type 1 diabetic, so it's so, so important for me to be careful on these hormones since back when I was on the progestin instead of the progesterone, my blood sugars were up in the 500's for days at a time. Has anyone had anything similar to this happen to them? My doctor is thinking about putting me on supposetory progesterone so the hormones are going directly to my uterus instead of all the way through my body (even though I already have the Mirena implant, we think the direct dosage may not be high enough) but the problem is that my body simply isn't accepting any of the hormones at all. Do I just need more time? The bleeding has improved greatly over time, but that's just because of the progesterone, and even with that, I feel like I've been hit by a truck 24/7 along with major hot flashes, and the bleeding still isn't COMPLETELY gone. I have to wear a liner or pad every single day, and it's gotten in the way of a lot. Although the blood and pain had greatly decreased over the years, I still can't stop bleeding for the life of me! Anyone have a word of advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maggie. I don't have any advice I'm afraid. I even had to look up percosious puberty to see what it meant, although I already had a pretty good idea from your post. I just wanted to thank you for your post, it puts things into perspective for us women going through ordinary old menopause, albeit it with varying combinations of the 66 symptoms. Reading your trials and symptoms I see we really have nothing to complain about. You sound like a remarkable young woman and you have my respect. I hope the doctors find some way to help you soon

• Posted

Thank you so much for the encouragement! It has been very difficult, but I'm trying my best to get through it. Thank you again for taking the time to even read what I had to say!!

• Posted

Hi Maggie

I am do sorry that you are going through this at such a young age. I suggest try gojng to a naturopath doctor he or she may be able to help you. I remembered being put on bc pills at a young age to help regulate my cycle. I dont know if it was for the best or not...Search other alternatives..hope this helps you.

• Posted

Thank you for the response! That's definitely something I'll look into since the hormones are definitely getting a bit old, and another alternative would be a miracle. Thank you so much for the advice!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.