Extreme Bowel issues IBS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I really find this very embarrassing but i just need to find someone who knows what im going through maybe? I have been suffering for a very long time with my bowels doc says ibs and i have all the symptoms but i dont think thats all it is.. For the past 2-3 years i have to help myself pass stools. I get constipated and diarrhea at the same time. It starts of hard then it loosens up and sometimes goes to watery/bitty stool.

I also pass alot of mucus at the same time. I have piles as well and sometimes i do tear myself because i have to use my fingers to help push the stools out. The stools can be hard or loose it makes no difference they still get stuck and i cant push so i have to force it out. I strain ALOT and this causes problems. I can spend over a hour on the toilet because of this. Also i hate having to get of the toilet if i know there is stool left inside (within reach) i feel like i HAVE to clean myself up no matter what. 

As you can imagine this causes so much problems for me and makes me feel dirty as well. I get so bloated and i always feel like i need to go. Oh and i have a prolapse as well. Now this hasnt been seen by any doc but its so very obvious that its what i have. How can i explain...When i push to poop my whole insides seem to come outside. Its actually getting quite bad i think. I mean im not sure. Im only 30... I feel like this is not something normal at all. 

So is anyone else in the same boat as me? Or is my problem really unusual? I hope i can get some form of help here. Even if just knowing im not alone with this problem would really help. Its not like i can just tell anyone about this issue. Thankyou for reading. x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You’re not alone with this. I have been to physical therapist because they  say I have a pelvis floor disorder. It creates incomplete defecation problems. The pushing just makes it worst I have to learn to breathe and relax my pelvis. To allow myself to go BM I meditate and do yoga and breathe deep trying to open up my anal passage.  They told me to eat a high soluble fiber diet which helps absorb the fluid in your colon and give you solid BM‘s but not hard ones that will pass easier.  I have been working on this for months now and it seems to be somewhat better but still I have bloat and feel like I have to go to the bathroom all the time.  I have decided to try to go to the bathroom in the morning for as long as it takes sometimes an hour and then ignore the feeling for the rest the day. Pushing just irritates the area and swells me up and I believe there’s nothing in there to come out just feels like there is. Look up defecation disorders and pelvic floor.  If you can find a physical therapist that deals with this disorder you should go to them and they’ll  physically help you manipulate your bowls. And give you exercises to do. Hope this information helps you a bit I know how you’re feeling.
    • Posted

Hello Nancy thankyou for replying. I have wrote down the issues im suffering and will show this to my doctor. I honestly dont know if im beyond help... I must say i have had bowel issues since i was little. But the bad stuff started happening as i got older. The need to strain and push and not ever being able to pass a BM like normal. I dont think i have ever has a normal BM i dont go every day sometimes i dont go all week. Then i get so impacted and bloated and full and then i have the hard BMs that then get looser and looser but then always get stuck. Ugh its awful. I really will ask Doc about some help. Real help this time. Again thankyou for your reply. Oh and you mentioned the irritation and swelling...Yes i get so swollen and my insides of my rectum swell up so much. Just not nice at all. Take care. x
    • Posted

Do you eat high fiber foods or supplements? This will help you go more regularly and softer stool. Just wondering. 
    • Posted

I feel like i do eat alot of fibre yes. I dont know if i eat to much sometimes. I think i need to see a dietitian really to get some help with my diet. I need to know if im intolertant to anything which i do feel i am. Dairy seems to cause pain as do others types of food. Docs tomorrow ill comment and let you know how it goes. x
  • Posted

Hi, I have decided to check this site for the same reasons. I think I am the only one, now I know differently. I am a male 79 years old who has had a BM problem for over 70 years. I have a theory why but that is not important. Over the years I have used all kinds of laxatives, which helped for some time, unfortunately as the years went by researchers decided some of them were not safe, not sure how they came to that conclusion because I never had any problems from them. Things like Liquid Paraffin and beechams pills. As time went on I started to eat more fruit which helped and managed to get by as normal for some years. However over the past couple of years things began to get difficult and I resorted first to FibreGell drinks and fruit. I struggled on. Perhaps I should explain that I am one of these people who need to go once a day, I need to know I am cleaned out, this has caused some difficulties. Early last year out of desperation I started to use Glycerine Suppositories each morning, this induced a BM but just recently It has become even more difficult to have a BM without using two, one gets rid of the wind and the second moves the stool, they are only in for about 4 to 5 minutes before I get the urge to go. I also take something I was given while in hospital for a heart bypass in 2005 its called Lactulose Solution 3.35g, I take one cap at night and this softens the stool. It all helps but things have begun to get more uncomfortable and I feel like you, bloated, full of wind even though I know I don't have anything inside. If things don't improve I will have to go see the GP. I hope you have had good advice and I hope some of the things I do may help. I wish you all the best.

• Posted

Tray a stool softner colace, miralax
    • Posted

Hi Shelia, Thanks for the suggestion. This is what Lactulose is, I was given this when in the Royal Brompton having a heart bypass so you didn't strain and burst the stitches. I will keep it in mind though; a change is as good as arrest they say. Sorted my diet a little and left a few things out to see if that made a difference, luckily it has.

Regards

• Posted

Hi Katyxcat, for the bloating you could try gas- x, the prolapse could also be one of your problems a OBGYN could be a lot of help to you I would check it out.  I have IBS as well and it does go back and fourth  diarrhea an constipation, and just like you said both at the same time, I also have diverticulitis this was found when I had colynoscopy  done. have you had this test something to think about, Best Wishes to you !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.