Extreme Breast Soreness After Hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a complete hysterectomy via Davinici method five weeks ago. Today my breast are extremely sore and my nipples are so painful it is almost unbearable. All the incisions seems to be healed except for the one directly above my belly button which seems to have started oozing over the last few days. 

Is this normal? What can I do to help relieve it? Work was unbearable. Any help is appreciated. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry I never experienced this but I would not hesitate contacting your consultant. He should be your first port of call hun.

Even though this forum.is a godsend to us women we all are so very different in our revolt and symptoms.

Contact your consultant Secretary and I'm sure you will get the answers.

I also picked up work.. Have you returned already? Be so careful you don't do too much as internal healing takes up to one year to recover.good luckxx

• Posted

I went back to work after three and a half weeks. The very minor oozing was gone in a day or so. My main concern is honestly the breast soreness and nipple pain. 
  • Posted

Hi leanna. Any form of fluid from incision site is not right. Contact your doctor soonest.

All the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.