Extreme Burn On Contact With Lamisil Spray

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had problems with my armpits chronically now for about 5 years, for about 60% of the time putting on deoderant will cause discomfort and there is almost always some white and red patches/flakes. When there is a flareup it itches quite badly and sometimes burns a bit.

This week has been my worst flare up, the area is 'leaking' moisture through most of the day, and there are what feels like small open lesions that run in lines across the armpit.

I have had a yeast infection before so I had Medaspore Antifungal cream around, so I've been using it for 2 days now, with no improvement. Assuming that it is a fungal infection.

I went to the pharmacist today and they said it sounds like one as well, so they gave me a Lamisil spray for it. Saying that the Medaspore cream can make the moisture worse in this case.

My problem is this...

When I apply the Lamisil spray to the area, it burns a ton. As if pouring alcohol on an open wound. My armpit is a bit open where the rash is, so it would make sense, but I'm not sure if I am just supposed to bite my teeth through the pain and keep applying it, or if that is an atypical experience for Lamisil.

Has anyone else used Lamisil spray before and experienced the same thing?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Lamisil spray contains 20 odd percent ethanol. So, effectively you are spraying (some) alcohol onto your armpits.

If you are talking about an initial stinging sensation that quickly fades then it might be ok. But if the stinging sensation gets worse (a few minutes) after applying Lamisil spray then you should discontinue using it. In that case, you might be sensitive to some ingredient and further use might cause irritation of the skin. 

Btw, if you have chronic problems with such infections in the armpit area you could consider using medicated (antifungal) powder. Some of these powders come in a spray bottle and are very easy to apply (they are instantly dry). I would not recommend using powder when you have open lesions but rather after your skin has recovered again as a preventative measure. 

• Posted

left all these things u r using now...i hve a best treatment for u..if i fails..ill promise u ill gave ur treatment cost after that.

Use itraconazole 200 mg take 1 dose per day

flucanozale 200 mg after per 3 days

levocitrazin per night

ketoconazole cream and Cotramozole cream mix and use at that infacted portion 2 times per day

• Posted

I've never had this difficulty, but am thinking you might consider a visit to your doctor. Dermatologist seem to be the most knowledgeable, when it comes to problems with our skin.

Good luck to you...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.