Extreme chest pains

Posted , 3 users are following.

This pain is getting ti much now i get it every other day or every day without fail it comes and goes and it leaves me weak ive had it for a long time but it feels like everytime i get it im dying ive got it now in the centre of my chest and it hurts so much ive had ecgs and blood tests in the past been to hospital a few times for it but nothing bad has come back i get all the heart attack symptoms but its never one i suffer anxiety but i onky start feeling really anxious when i get the pain and it sometimes takes a hour to get rid of the pain am i alone is this are there other people that suffer like this

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Yes, I get chest pain when im feeling anxious. Sometimes it comes when im not anxious then makes me anxious. Its like something is crushing my sternum, it can be very painful. . Its quite a common symptom of anxiety and some people refer to it as 'Elepahant on chest' feeling.

Mine mainly happens in the evenings when its become dark outside, thats when my anxiety affects me the most. I too had heart tests & a chest xray and all was normal.

• Posted

I feel like i constantly check my heart rate when this happens sometimes my heart rate goes over 100 and sometimes it drops to 55 50 im turning into a nervous reck over it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.