Extreme daytime fatigue and nasal inflammation which is influenced strongly by temperature

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m 22, male and have exercised my whole life most days of the week on average until now. My diet is also good and I am a healthy weight.

Whenever it’s average daytime temperature in the England (about 20 degrees) I feel very unwell - heady, sleepy, can’t concentrate and muscles feel exhausted and stiff. This has affected my life a lot as it’s slowly got worse the last two years (I’m now at the point where I’m struggling to even work without feeling very unwell). Along with these symptoms I also get nasal congestion which is caused from inflamed turbinates inside the nose and a dry tongue which has white froth like stuff on it which scrapes off. Breathing when the symptoms are present feels unsatisfying and inefficient yet there is no physical blockage other than nasal inflammation (feels like breathing humid air I guess)

If the temperature drops to about 16 degrees or below the nasal congestion along with other symptoms begin to diminish. If i go into a building the issues tend to arise and will get worse if airflow is poor and room temp is high. For example a nightclub or shops with central heating/ warmth. Poor airflow also contributes.

I will also add every morning when i wake i wake i feel all confused and my my muscles are exhausted. If i try and do mild exercise i get totally out of breath and feel very unwell. my heart feels its not working right and needs more oxygen if i do even simple things like bending down or moving suddenly/ fast walking. (this could be because im asleep and i am confined to a room with a temp which is not considered low enough image

Suggestions or ideas on what it could be please. Doctors refusing to help as blood tests fine and lung test and allergy test did not flag. They think it’s anxiety and depression yet I’m neither of these things as im fine if its cold at night?!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you been given any tests? Which kind of tests?

Is your digestive system ok? Is your thyroid working properly?

You can ask your doctor for tests. 'I need some tests Dr. before you diagnose me with depression. My nose congestion and my white tongue, I do not think they are symptoms of depression, are they?

• Posted

they have said they have done all the suitable tests. I think they did check my thyroid and my disgestive system seems fine from my perspective. i have had surgery on my nasal turbinates and the symptoms have become slightly worse now which sucks. Was hoping energy and general wellness would increase.

• Posted

(you say your digestive system seems fine; I also have a white tongue (not as white as yours) and it is due to digestive problems... if you have a copy of the thyroid tests and the other suitable tests, then look at them and check if you are in the range. If anything seems wrong, ask them. Is your blood pressure too low? If it is too low it could be the adrenal glands, adrenal fatigue. It is good to have the blood pressure machine at home and take it yourself in the morning. Also, when going to the doctor, one tends to have the blood pressure higher, (stress from visiting the doctor) specially of it is in the afternoon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.