Extreme depression due to bereavement of husband

Posted , 4 users are following.

i lost my husband 6 months ago and have been taking mirtazapine for 3 months. the tablets haven't made me feel any better and each day is a struggle, particular weekends. is anyone else in the same position

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

First of all I'm so sorry for your loss, you're grieving and thats a normal, natural process. I'm on a combination of Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine, I started on just Ven but still felt extremely low after 6 months so Mirtazapine was added at a low dose and I've started to see chinks of light in the last few months. I'm in the UK and in USA the combination of Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine is known as Californian Rocket Fuel! It might be just what you need,may be worth talking to your GP about it? Lots of love.x x

• Posted

100mg of Ven split over 2 doses and only 15mg of Mirt at night, I'm really sensitive to meds! I have anxiety and depression and combination seems to be helping both.x x

• Posted

I am on 150mg of ven xr and reducing from 45 to 15 of mirt......currently on 22.5.

Do you get any side effects from this combo ?

• Posted

Hi Sheila, I'm sorry 🙏 for your loss. I can only imagine how hard it must be to lose a husband. It's so sad. My heart goes out to you. I'm glad you're reaching out to people here who can try and support and help you as best they can. Grief! I believe that it must be the toughest emotion, we humans will ever have to endure and deal with in our lifetime. I haven't lost anyone. But, I'm going through the menopause, and lately I am preoccupied with the notion of losing someone close to me and how I feel I wouldn't cope. Almost unbearable! I'm here for you honey, if you just want to talk, you're more than welcome to message me privately. Give it time and let time pass. If you feel your tablets are not effective right now, go back to your doctor who might change them and try you on some different tablets. Worth a try! Stay strong and please keep in touch honey. Donna xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.