Extreme dry sinus and throat flair ups

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

This is the strangest thing! Since july with extreme heat wave, I've been having dry sinus flairups and my throat gets bone dry and feels like it's swelling. Back of my nose- nasopharynx too. It's extremely uncomfortable- the bridge of my nose gets a lot of pressure and sometimes sinuses......it feels like my lungs will dry out- mouth is also dry and it will wake me up at night with difficulty breathing. It's chronic and have different bouts of dryness every day. Have tried neti pot, saline sprays, xylitol, nasaya oils- all my tests come back - for everything. I have had a ct scan- totally empty nose, I have no mucus or debris. Just dry! No crusted membranes either.....

Yes, I drink tons of water and tea, cut out alcohol, sugar, gluten and inflammatory foods. Electrolytes ok- I did have about of severe dehydration in 2016 after a bikram yoga class- had to go to the ER so wondering if it is somehow related? Anyone else have this?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.