Extreme exhaustion and hunger!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all- I am 48 and have had perimenopause symptoms for about 2 years, which include anxiety, stomach troubles, racing heart and palpitations...but just the past couple days I have been EXTREMELY hungry and tired...I napped for 2 hours on saturday until my son woke me up, and again on Sunday for an hour and I had slept both nights before just fine...I also ate 4 meals and snacks and have been SO hungry the last 3 days..Not due for my period for about 10 days, And even during that time I may crave a sweet or some chocolate but this is next level eating/ravenous all the time! -It is just so sudden and I am wondering if anyone else experienced this, how long it lasts and any tips to deal with it...Thank you in advance for all your help:)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes.. I remember times that I would have uncontrollable hunger-- It seemed like my body couldn't enough. And yes the exhaustion too-- napping all weekend.. I believe my body was getting ready for this big event each month. I also upped my supplements-- iron, vit D and maybe a few others just to make sure I wasn't low in anything.. It helped!! Now lately here I can get thru the weekends without a nap so maybe this particular time my body was going thru something. I remember getting my blood tested at that time and it came back normal. I would embrace the naps and good sleep. And of course if your hungry, eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water.. Take care.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, it helped calm me down a bit..It just seemed so sudden but I also had just ended the first full week of school..I am a special education teacher and have a 4th grader in school so it was a tiring week! I will also make an effort to keep up on hydration and vitamins. Thank you so much!! 😃

• Posted

HI I am 60, had a hysterectomy 2007, ovaries still in, I go though days where I want to eat eat, sugar almost and chocalate, boiling up though the day with swollen stomach, then keep being g sick aswell,

• Posted

I'm 47 and exactly the same! I crave sugary snacks too which really isn't good as I'm started to put on weight.

I'm exhausted and ache all over too! 😦

I'm using HRT which doesn't seem to help although they've up'd my patch strength this week so we'll see!!

It's been going on for around 3 to 4 years now... I have kinda' learned to live with it in a way but I really don't like it!!

I've just started taking Magnesium & Turmeric too but the magnesium makes me a bit drowsy which i really don't need as i sleep just fine at night anyway and need to be awake during the day!

Hang in there!

xx

• Posted

I take magnesium and Turmeric at night because they both make me tired. But then maybe it's just the mag...

• Posted

I have tried the gel hrt but carnt stick the way I feel , bloated, jittery, had a break down last April just carnt feel well again xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.