Extreme Exhaustion Week 3- Will this stop?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I've been taking citalopram for three weeks now. It definitely has helped my anxiety but I'm sleeping into mid morning and I'm due back at work next week. It doesn't matter how many alarms I set I physically can't wake up. And if my husband wakes me up I feel really groggy until he has gone to work then I just fall back asleep again. I was on 10mg for to weeks and now have been on 20mg for a week. Will I be able to get up for work at half 6 next week?! And will I be able to function? I've been taking my tablet around 12pm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, really worried about work. I've been off long enough as it is!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes it will stop!

You will get used to them.

You may benefit to take them at night.

You will find your way, just don't stop taking them.

• Posted

the tiredness side effect may pass for you or it may not.  it's impossible to say at the moment as you have only been taking it for 3 weeks.  if the tiredness does not pass, i would recommend trying escitalopram instead, at 10mg (which is the equivalent of citalopram 20mg).  for many people, including myself, i had to stop citalopram due to the tiredness not going away, but when i switched to escitalopram i suddenly had my energy back and didnt have to sleep in the daytime anymore or feel 'sedated' all day anymore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.