extreme exhaustion--what's new

Posted , 4 users are following.

It is really getting me down. Since my fall ten days ago and hurting my shoulder badly my exhaustion has been a lot worse. In October my M.E. went from mild to moderate and I fear now it is going from moderate to severe. I am even finding typing this and getting my head round getting the words in the right order so exhuasting that I am going to have to stop now.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry to hear you are so exhausted and I know very well how difficult it is to write and read when you cannot stitch thoughts together. It is a bit like catching wet eels hahaha.

Is there an M.E group near you? Do you have a good understanding doctor?

• Posted

I have been to a group never again. No understanding doctor. I don't go if I can help it and if I do it is with breast lumps of Asthma, not with M.E.. I don't see the point.
    • Posted

I understand completely what you are saying, I hope then that you have friends or family to at least understand, at least there are people on here who are suffering the same so we are not alone. :D
    • Posted

I fully understand Alison.  I too have been to a group and never again.  Most of the group appeared to be still working, and quite chirpy at that moment in time.  I appreciate it is not like that all the time for them but as I was really not up to going but the professionals thought it best if I went, unfortunately it did not mean a lot to me.   Some G.P.'s do not really get the concept of M.E.  I all can reiterate is you are not alone.  There are some very good sights, one being Action for M.E which can provide all sorts of information.  I wish you hours/days of some respite from this awful condition.  Good Luck Tina
    • Posted

I do have friends and family, but they don't understand apart from one friend she tries to understand, but I feel guilty talking to her about it because she is undergoing her third lot of treatment for cancer.
    • Posted

Allison not that it offers you any real help, but you are truly not alone.  I have experienced many terrible discussions (and that is putting it mildly) with my own family and their lack of understanding.  My husband just does not get it.  My Mother when I was first diagnosed in 2008 (mild) decided to walk me around Sainsbury and keep me walking as she thought the exercise would do me good.  It was only in 2013 when I had servere relapse and  2014 I lost my job, that bless her she began to understand, then she died a few months later September 2014.  You can imagine the devistation of this and losing my job all in less than 6 months and how it has affected me.  You are always welcome to message me, and I am happy to speak to you direct if you feel that isolated. 

Tina

• Posted

Oops forgot to say, I had a fall two weeks after my Mother's funeral, weakness in right leg, and fractured my elbow, so I really can feel for you.

Tina

• Posted

I feel very lucky that my husband was so understanding now, I am sure he would be more than happy to talk either on forum, email or phone with any husbands wifes or family of anyone on this forum about his view of my illness, please let me know anyone if this would help.
    • Posted

Thanks kezza,

I too would be very happy to speak to anyone via email or phone.  I am not very good with computers and this is the first site I have ever been on.  Can we give out our e-mail/phone numbers?  This illness can be very isolating and depressing, but I know there are hundreds and more of us that suffer from this debiltating condition.  I have a local support group in the town I live.  They meet up once a month on a Tuesday, but as anyone knows with this condition, you can never plan or make concrete arrangements, as you never know how you are going to be healthwise.  And you guessed, I have not been able to meet up so far.  One of the reasons, why I decided to join this and I am bowled over by all of you guys, how you respond offering advice and support.  It is good to turn on when you can and see replies.  "We are not alone"

Tinax

• Posted

Thanks Tina,

Sometimes I chuckle to myself, there is not much to laugh about with CFS but the thought of trying to get CFS patients to meet up somewhere at the same time every week does make me laugh lol, by it's very nature it just won't happen. Either people will be asleep, too tires, too aching or will have just forgotten despite sticky notes on the wall and diary reminders. HAHAHA I agree this is a great place to meet and talk and we all understand when there are quiet spells between replies hahaha :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.