Extreme , extreme vaginal itching

Posted , 10 users are following.

God help me already with this issue . I have been having this problem for many years , it has escalated to another level . I have tried everything from  apple cider vinegar , coconut oil , bacitracin and clobestral cream . Nothing has worked . I had a biopsy to determine if it was LS and it was not .i have been to many GYN. Doctors  and to no avail never a diagnosis. I have tried antidepressants because I've have been told Its vulvadynia  , which I know is false . From my own thoughts and opinion which no one thinks it's a possibility, it all began with oral sex , I will tell you why I believe this is the case , my partner has gum disease which is a bacteria The first symptoms started out as a vaginal itch that I thought was a yeast infection , but there was no discharge , then I noticed as time went on I started having pain in my ovaries in conjunction with this vaginal itching , which has been the case ever since . This has been going on for ten years and then some . It has now gotten to the point since there has been no diagnosisit has now become n extreme itching , burning and I can hardly even wipe myself when I urinate . And sex is def not an option . If I can't touch myself no one can . When I tell the dr's this they look at me like I have 10 heads !! I have had every test on the planet , sonograms , etc . All S T D ' s ruled out !!! I am so done . Please if anyone has a similar situation or advice please help ! Thank u 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Have u checked out for worms in ur baginal area?? I've got a symptoms called pinworm/threadworms. And at night they come out and lay eggs. Hope this help? 😀
    • Posted

i would have thought this would have been ruled out for donna sometime ago as its been going on so long ,but i suppose its a possiabilty

• Posted

Donna, I am so sorry for you.  Have you looked at it from another angle?  Forget the worms, candidiasis etc, what about an allergy to washing products, for you, your clothes etc.. And then creams and lotions, bubble baths and anything else that goes anywhere near you?

I know that several years ago, I developed rashes all over the place and eventually, after several years, I saw a Dermatologist, who did patch testing and found out what chemicals I was/am allergic to.  I now have to check every bottle of shampoo, washing liquid/powder, face creams, hand creams, absolutely everything.  Things are better now.

Good luck!

• Posted

mrsmop you are right so many people forget the simply things 

i am not as bad as you but theres only one product i can use in private areas that dosent cause itching and soreness 

i use non bio washing powder, and body shop coconut shower washi also have to becareful with run of when washing my hair so i tend to lean forward in the shower to wash my hair ,

a lot of ladies also use daily panty liners ,which are bleached this can also be a problem . i dont no if you agree but surely the gp should have sorted this poor girl out before now .10yrs sounds extreme ,

• Posted

I saw almost every GP in my Practice, plus Nurse Practitioners and none of them had a clue.  They don't have enough time and it was just chance that I was sent to a Dermatologist Privately and he arranged the patch testing.  I don't believe they provide it on the NHS because it is so expensive.  Sadly, I don't hink 10 years is extreme, unfortunately.

I keep the use of these washing products to a minimum.  And am careful which creams I use.  I use Clarins and Nivea products, both excellent, one expensive and one not so expensive!

Donna, persevere, don't give up!

• Posted

i think its extreme ,maybe not unusal but extreme defo .

• Posted

I am allergic to polyester and suffered for years without knowing.  (See my post). If it is .worse in bed and ,you use polyester cotton sheets, strip the bed and replace with 100% cotton sheets.  This made a difference straight away for me. and only use 100% cotton underwear and trousers.  If you do exercise classes or go to the gym, you live in polyester fitness clothes.  Try to avoid any polyester clothing and see if this helps.  It could also be elastic or other man made fibres.  Hope you find the answer.
  • Posted

Hey! I truly hope you have found some answers, or relief by now! I agree with the woman who menrkned your side effects possibly being from your clothing or no clothing especially polyester, or a new fabric softener or soap$!!
  • Posted

Hi there, pls pardon my lengthy post ,just wanted to share my complete experience so that women experiencing vaginal infection might stumble upon this and find the solution they've desperately been seeking for. I'm an ex-sufferer of an intensely,extremely,unbearably itchy vagina. It was pure torture for me, I had no choice but to scratch down there in public places. At night, I would just sit up in bed and scratch really hard down there and cry in frustration. I would wake up in the middle of the night with a persisting itch and I would just hit my genitals and curse...yeah it WAS THAT BAD.

I swore that when I did find the solution to this, I would create several accounts online just to help people going through the same hell as I did. And here I am. Like many women here,I went to different gynaes, changed the material of my panties to more breathable ones,took lots of antibiotics and creams,probiotics and yoghurts. I tried natural remedies such as aloe vera gel and tea tree oil(helps for a few hours at least). I avoided certain things in my diet such as soy products.All these only stopped the itch from getting worst but the itch was still as intense and never went away.

I was desperate and tried to research on my own. I suspected pubic lice,some type of genetic or dermatological condition and almost anything else I could relate to. It wasn't STDs as I hadn't any type of sexual intercourse as well which the gynae kept probing on. I literally had to beg her to believe me that there wasn't anything that I was embarrassed about to hide from her. Because honestly, I wouldn't care ,I just wanted a peaceful vagina. She did swabs and results said that I had 3 types of infections at the same time, gardnerella ,yeast and streptococcus and along those lines. It was infected, yes I knew but I needed to know the reason why,which is something that the gynae could not pinpoint to. I just kept coming back for more appointments and it's super expensive. I was desperate for a relief.Something, anything!

And then one day,I had a gut feeling about something and researched it. I found out the reason. DUSTMITES. I had 3 OLD,VELVET sofas lying in my house, they've been there only a few years but we always knew it was a dust collector but I never put two and two together. Then, I read a research paper on a few cases including a Korean girl, who had a persisting itch, because she used to sit on a velvet sofa and slept on an uncovered mattress. Yes guys, uncovered mattresses might be a trigger too. Anyways, we threw out the sofas and I never sat on them again obviously and I don't have to take any antibiotics,probiotics or anything else. I am a normal person with barely any itch there, YAY!

Is there anything in your house which collects dusts that you sit on ? Something as simple as this might be causing you that extreeeeme itch. Please do not lose hope and don't trust doctors too much, they are only human and very busy humans too who cannot be researching specifics of your environment and life. They are also prone to flaws in making judgements. Take it upon yourselves to introspect your lives, from diet to environment and then maybe you can work with your gynae. Of course, alot of us here might not be trained doctors but tbh, if you're desperate and nothing else is helping you ,doing your own research might just possibly help you.

• Posted

I had this problem for almost 10 years before I found a cure. I tried everything from Doctor's to natural paths and every cream, lotion and potion, I was so desperate I would have tired anything and did!  I found the cure by accident really. Since then I have had complete relief from the itching, burning, redness I told my sister who had menstrual problems and it has helped her. Somehow this balances hormones and boosts the immune system. Let me give you the cure then the story. Black Cumin Seed and Coriander seed  made into a Tea. I bought a book for my ex-husband called " The Prime Diet" He didn't want to read it so I read it. They talked about a tea that helps your body and "primes" it for weight loss. So I made the tea and started drinking it. While it did nothing for weight loss for me, it stopped the itching!!!! When I stopped drinking the tea a month later the itching came back. When I started the tea again within 24 hours or less it was gone!!! Honestly it was like a miracle. I suffered for 10 years countless tests, creams, pills ect. I live in Canada and this is the brand I use " Amazing Herbs" Black Seed which is a 100 percent pure black cumin seed or Nigella Sativa Seeds. I put one full heaping TABLESPOON of this with a TEASPOON of coriander seeds, must be seeds not ground coriander. I put them in a infuser tea pot for 2 hours and then drink. You can also buy the liquid of black seed which gives you an extra boost but it was the combination of both daily that helped and has continued to help for the last 2 years. I couldn't have sex and it was so bad sometimes I would have to put a ice cube on my vagina just to numb it so I could sleep. I don't know if this will help you but if your at your wits end it couldn't hurt to try. Both my sister and I have been helped by this tea for different reasons. If you try it and it works please let me know. So many women are suffering needlessly without any answers. Diane 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.