extreme fatigue

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am taking 30 mg of mirtz and i have extreme fatigue yet can't sleep without a sleeping pill.  has anyone else experienced this?  i want to reduce after seeing dr

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Suzie

Mirt's bigggest side effect, for most of us, is of course FATIGUE ggrrrrrrr .......(me too) and in my humble opinion, if we're not careful, the more tired we become the more 'alert' the brain appears to become, we are able to switch to hyper-super-150% alert drive .... anyone else get this?  And therefore sleep seems impossible.

You don't say how long you have been taking sleeping tablets, or Mirt'.  I know when I took sleeping tablets, I got increasingly worried that I may get physically addicted to them, got more & more tired because I didn't get "proper sleep" - whole different ball game to anti depressents - my doctor has said the two don't mix, that sleeping tablets are dangerous, we become psychologically dependant upon them as well as physically.

Have you discussed with your doctor 'wd' from sleeping tablets?  There is help with this I think?  

Wishing you well Suzie, Mirt (15mg) helped me out of the nightmare of insomnia the first night I took it, albeit suffering with fatigue and drowsiness for a week or so to begin with.

• Posted

yes, he is the one that told me to take them.  as soon as i had increased the mirtzapine, as instructed, i couldn't sleep. i have been on 30 fot almost 3 weeks, and 22.5 for the week before.  i was fine on 15 for sleep, however psych increased it for depression.  psych says i shouldn't have such side effects but i do. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.