extreme fatigue

Posted , 10 users are following.

I  have posted yesterday about urinary / vaginal problems I am experiencing but need to ask something else too. I feel pathetic at the moment. I cry at everything and feel useless. My mood is so low but I don't know if it is this that is making me so tired or my fatigue making me low. I don't mean just tired but totally exhausted like it is difficult to put one foot in front of the other, I look at other people and want their energy. It is like a whole body tiredness. Does anyone else find this? My cancer fear is going into overdrive.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue you are not alone Hun I feel exactly the same so so tired exhausted where I just can't function along with all the other symptoms body aching anxiety mood swings it is so hard then your brain goes into overdrive imagining everything horrible it certainly is a rollercoaster sending 🤗 x

• Posted

One thing i know is to fret not, u r human and normal....we as ladies going thru this have many emotions, highs and lows, as well as fearing the worst is or could possibly be happening to our bodies....try and get out of your head, we think and focus to much on our symptoms and not enuff on positive things....and yes vagina problems comes with perimenopause and menopause....dont mean to sound insensitive but I'm right there with you try some B12 liquid form that tends to help me

• Posted

Why are you worrying about cancer? I feel exhausted most of the time too and I have trouble waking up if I don't have work I can sleep in for several hours but I still feel exhausted. I feel useless and cry often and have had anxiety for several years which I have realised is pretty standard when going through menopause. Please know that you're not alone and all of us on here understand x

• Posted

Aww it’s crap feeling like this & a lot of ladies I work with didn’t seem to suffer like I am , def agree we should try & think positive, although mines more the Premique tablet , 2 weeks in & def got anxiety more than ever ...I’m over thinking the side effects 🙁

• Posted

Is Premique HRT? I was put off HRT because a friend of mine was on it for years and when she was taken off it she started getting menopause symptoms again in her 60's. I'm trying to get through with Black Cohosh for most symptoms and Matazapine for anxiety. I do feel better than 2 years ago when I didn't take them but still not great.

• Posted

Hi Tracy , yes is the low dose one , don’t no much about it really just it’s very low one ! 

Only 2 weeks taking it but I’ve felt utter s**t this week , I have such a big build up to my periods then they are really heavy ( big clots ) & pain full so I just can’t cope no with the whole thing I fill I have no break as my period is very 26 days , so docs put me on this , just hope it calms them down abit , 🙏🏻

• Posted

Maybe give the meds a bit longer to have a good effect. My periods stopped several years ago 2 years after menopause started. Hope things get better soon x
  • Posted

Sue, has any doctor checked your thyroid function? I felt exactly as you do for 2 years.  My GP was worse than useless.  My hair started falling out and my periods stopped at 40.  I went to an ob/gyn and she send me to an endocrinologist, who tested me for hypothyroidism.  Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Darling, I'm so with you on this. I'm post meno and have similar. I think you have health anxiety and perhaps it developed into some general anxiety with a bit of depression. Go see your Dr to begin with and I assume, he will agree. There are many options for dealing with it all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.