Extreme fatigue

Posted , 5 users are following.

Heaviness in the head, twitching eyes and shortness of breath. How do you treat extreme fatigue

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Rest regularly exersize if you can

Eat healthy food good balanced diet

And see your GP or practice nurse

• Posted

Get plenty of rest whenever you can. Might be worth checking with your gp to see if you are aneamic as this is common with lupus.
    • Posted

True, I am and under active thyroid too with low iron, I'd get all checked as it's all connected. 🌷

• Posted

Hi runtee986742

Anemia is connected to low B12 aswell ask for a blood check for deficiency....

• Posted

Hi there 

I'm anemic because of lupus and I now get VIT B 12 injection every 3 month, easy and painless ...feel better already, just diagnosed 6 months ago .. UR GP can do a blood test to check 🙂

• Posted

Hi jacs54002

I get 3 monthly B12 shots aswell....because i take metformin for type 2 diabetes which blocks B12 from absorbing into your system..and age will block absorption aswell due to the protein Intrinsic Factor helping the B12 through th gut the ilium and then the system starts to decline in old age.. I feel sooo much better for it and about two weeks before the shot is due i start to wilt and then i use B12 patches....until i get my shot....

• Posted

Only thing is to pace yourself. I have it too and I've learned the hard way. Health diet helps. Fish and fruit work for me.. But not over doing it and rest up when your body tells you to and you will feel much better.

i also get eye drops from my GP, They are actually false tears but stop the gritty feeling. Living with it 20 years now. Hope ur better soon..

• Posted

You can eat a variety of foods but I find fruit and fish give me energy, I blend the fruit into a smoothie , good for u..

having said this, I now am on V B12 injections every 3 months and iron tablets and do feel better for it too. Take care 🙂

• Posted

Hi runtree98674

Ask your health provider to do a blood tests and check your B12 and iron levels......these are associated.... if your B12 and iron are low you will be very fatigued....best wishes...

• Posted

I get chronic fatigue regularly and it's awful. All I can do is rest as much as I can. I couldn't excercise during these times if I wanted to, but I do try and do some gentle exercise when I'm okish! I would see your doctor though and just get checked out, especially with the breathlessness, you need to make sure nothing nasty is going on. Also like other people mention, make sure you eat as healthily as possible.  Hope you feel better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.