extreme fatigue after a hot bath/shower

Posted , 8 users are following.

does anyone else feel very drained/fatigue after a bath or shower I literally fall asleep as soon as iv had one I have no energy what's so ever

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I do....just come out of a shower and I feel exhausted.  Just having a cuppa with family now then going to take it easy.

Fibro isn't fair at all....

Take care and sending you gentle hugs...wink xx

• Posted

Hi Sara

i really enjoy the warmth of a bath, but it does make me ache more afterwards 🙁

• Posted

HI yes i feel exhausted and  itch after every shower even using just water and no shower or soap agents. So bad im having wash downs with flannels and just having a shower when i wash my hair which ive reduced to just twice a week now. Just wondered if it could be the FIbro causing this. Probably not but just know whats causing this had it for the last two years too but diagnosed with M.E. 18 years ago.
  • Posted

Yes.., I do Sara...... The Hot shower helps me and then i fall right to sleep, but then im up again after 2or3 hours of sleep. Im in pain all the time, but today its near 70 here in pennsylvania so im sore but not as bad. But yes i do feel veryfatigued after a hot shower. I take mine at night. Hugs and hoping your feelin a little better...... Barb
  • Posted

many thanks for your reply glad to hear I'm not the only one smile as much as I love a hot bath as makes. me feel that little better it does leavE me so weak I also have to cut down the amount of times I wash my hair in a week as I have co stand swollen biscep muscles so I find it hard to do this by my self so the husband helps me fibro is so exhausting but we need to paste our self's gentle hugs to all xx
  • Posted

Yes sarapainfree it feels like the bath sucks the life out of you and trying to dry yourself drains you even more, the towel feels like it weighs 20lb, then you get dressed and you are socked again with uncontrolable sweating, does that happen as well.
    • Posted

toataly does trev1264 u just described it all its really draining
  • Posted

Hi sarapainfree Every time I take a shower Im totally exhausted,and have to have a lie downsad. take care
    • Posted

thanks for your reply tobE honest I get exhausted after doing the slightest thing it's hard work special when u have children so u need some energy for them but I do find it hard I carnt spend as much time with them as I need sleep x
  • Posted

Yes fatigued in the shower, after the shower.  Exhausting even towel drying myself.  I either have to lay down or sit down quietly for a spell.  But I have to say, I do have the very odd occasion when I feel so refreshed, sadly tiredness will kick in within half an hour though. 
    • Posted

it's very strange to get uset to I love a hot bath as helps my muscles I find but then I need my bed straight after as it does tend to totally drain me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.