Extreme fatigue etc.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had extreme fatigue and weakness for months. Plus dizziness and occasional fainting.

Had bloods done.

My red blood cell count was slightly low, my iron was 10.7 so I was told to take iron supplements for a months and come back for more bloods in three. My thyroid, kidney and liver function was normal.

My symptoms worsened instead of improved. I experience episodes of breathlessness and chest tightness. And now in the last few weeks I've developed gastrointestinal problems. I feel full after eating very little food, and I'll after eating, occasionally vomiting. I've had bloating and generally stomach upset.

-my blood sugar is 4.5 fasting and usually 4.7-4.9 after eating. Oxygen is 98-100. I have no wheezing or coughing or symptoms of asthma. My BP is usually around 113-125/65-75. My HR at rest is usually between 55-75 with occasional arrhythmia. I feel flushed and hot but I don't have a fever. I'm an otherwise healthy 20 year old girl.

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Your symtoms are exactly similar to mine except that I started with acud reflux problems which then proceeded to severe breathlessness and now light headedness and dizziness. I even have occasional burns all over in my head. I Googled acidity and dizziness and was relieved to know that feeling light headed and dizzy is also a symptom of acidity since the throat is effected because of acid reflux and because of that the ears and because of that the head. I have weekness too with a wierd stretchy pull in my eyes. I find it hard to focus and it is scaring the hell out if me. I have been on PPIs for nearly two years and somehow omiprazole is not working for me anymore. Saw the doc . today and she has switched me to dexilant. Will be starting it from tomorrow.

To make you feel any better we are sailing in the same boat. But don't worry because when you get control over your acidity and reflux God willing your dizziness and weekness would also go away.

Get yourself checked with a gastro and take multivitamins along with your anti acid medications which ever the doctor might priscribe.

There are a few herbs I have heard great reviews about for gerd like dgl licorice,slippery elm ect but they didn't do any good to me.

I wish you complete recovery

• Posted

Hi Ruth ache

Have you been tested for Helicobacter Pylori or H.Pylori for short...it is a bacteria that burrows into the gut wall and duodenum and can cause tummy upsets, acid reflux and sickness and nausea and a general feeling of being unwell and lethargy. ..The test is carried out via a stool sample or breath test....ask your doc to test you for HPylori if you do have Hp it can be treated with antibiotics...hope this helps...best wishes..hope you get to the bottom of your problem. ...

• Posted

I hope this isnt the onset of M.E. / CFS/ CFIDS, chronic fatiquie immune dysfunction for you, which is what I have had for some years. apart from fatique, gastro/intestinal  problems/IBS, hot flushes, brain fog, dizziness, light & sound sensitivity, muscle and joint pain, low immunity are some of the symptoms....blood or stool tests sow up nothing. From my experience, I wish i had taken plenty of rest in its early stages, rather than ignore warning signs of fatique etc. Tired all the Time Syndrome is something similar but less serious. M.E. wont be diagnosed (by a GP in the UK) until 6 months have passed with no reduction in symptoms ....but I am hoping this is something simple to solve, like lack of iron, or IBS, which can bring tiredness. Another explanation could be a thyroid (under/overactive) problem which you can have blood test for. Its worth getting a stool sample test carried out also (when I visited Pakistan years ago I picked up a bug, organism gardia, which can live in the intestines causing sickness and othe bad symptoms)

Get well soon and God bless, Ruth!

• Posted

PS glandular fever brings much fatique, and symptoms you describe. It wont always show up in bllod tests, unless you get tests within days of getting it; it can last for months, the answer is lots of  bed rest

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.