Extreme fatigue every few months

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm so confused by my wife's condition and he doctors just pass it off as nothing is wrong!

My wife is healthy, active, runs and swims every week, and every few months she suffers unbearable fatigue to the point where she can't do anything. It really affects our lives.

Her blood tests always come back fine so the doctors don't do anything for her.

Why does she feel OK for 3 months then suddenly hits rock bottom for a month before she starts getting back to normal?

It's so confusing.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello, im quite similar in this respect, i got glndular fever nearly a year ago and i have had periods with lots of energy and feel like my old self and then i will be out of action for two months wondering what on earths happened. i too have had lots if blood tests and all cane back normal except EBV im not sure as gone on so long if i now have CFS but as you say the doctors are not interested. my anxiety has been through the roof because i have had no support and im off sick from work as dont know how i will be from week to week. i can really sympathise with your wife. im awaiting neurology but now i dont even phone the GP because they are clueless regarding my symptoms.

all i can suggest is to keep pestering. there is a support service just need to be diagnosed as far as im aware.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.