Extreme Fatigue feeling and heavy head?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I don't know whats up with me lately, I have dizziness pretty much all the time, my head feels very heavy and I keep getting these headaches. I also feel some nausea as well accompanied by all this and feel like I cannot think clearly. Anyone know what this could be? It seems to happen worse in the afternoon around 5pm. Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It could be a few things. Start easy. Get a blood test and check magnesium, iron, N12. If thats good you could look at your neck. Forward head posture can be a problem and also if your C1 and C2 are out of place. Goto a cervical chiropractor and have them do an x ray. Inly a cervical chiro not just any chiro. If your neck is good it could be your ears so go to an ENT for that. Look yp c1 neck and dizzy for more info about the neck.
    • Posted

Thanks for the info. I feel incredibly nauseous and dizzy today with some crazy IBS symptoms as well. I've never really felt like this before and it just feels like something bad is going to happen. I will go to the docs as soon as possible because its really starting to stress me out.

• Posted

Hi

It sounds like migraine associated vertigo (MAV) or vestibular migraine (VM) they are basically the same thing.  I’ve had it for 3 yrs.  mine starts with vertigo a moving sensation then neck pain and headaches or I just have the vertigo. The sensations I have are many like feeling like I’m on a boat, bobbing, leaning, falling or dropping, bending forward gets me lately,  floating on a raft feeling, showers are hard, cleaning like sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning bath tubs and doing dishes.  Some days are better than others.  Oh weather changes like rain and storms are bad.  Also stress and anxiety are bad for it.  If you haven’t seen a doc I would recommend a neuro otolaryngologist, ent or neurologist.  They will test and maybe mri.  I take propranolol for the migraines and klonopin for the anxiety and dizziness.  I hope you get it figured out soon. The sooner the better. Hope you feel better 

• Posted

Thanks for the advise, my initial thought was a migraine of some sort. I've never had anything last so long though. I am now on my 4th day and it seems to be off and on. I feel dizzy, pressure in the head, nauseous, IBS is bad and i feel like something bad is goibg to happen. All i feel like doing is sleeping. I will take this advise to the doctor asap thanks.

• Posted

Don't stress about it. I've been spaced out / brain fog for 8yrs non stop. If you stress you will give the feeling power and it will mess you up. Best thing you can do is ignore it. Still look into the issue but don't stress. It took me 8 yrs to go to a cervical chiropractor. Do you feel tense where your neck meets the bottom of your skull?

• Posted

If your vitamins ,minerals and other nutrients are depleted it will give you mental fog , vertigo and other ailments ,this was my case , by taking daily supplements it all went away.

Multivitamint/minerals + extra vit D.

I don't smoke , little alcohol , not overweight

• Posted

Hmm thanks for the advise. I recently bought some cod liver oil, vit D and zinc supplements and this whole thing started once I started taking them. I haven't taken the Zinc since the initial day because it made me feel very drowsy. I shall bring this up when I see the Doctor, thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.