Extreme fatigue gradually worsening over two months.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been experience this along with poor sleep and tingling in my feet, the fatigue has got to the point where I can't leave the house.  Before this I was playing squash, football and going to crossfit, so pretty active.  I noticed it first with exercise about two months ago and had to stop sports etc.  Then with just going out, then with work and now its pretty much constant.  I feel like I'm going collapse and have trouble just walking about most of the time, one occasion so bad it resulted in a visit to A&E.  So far all tests have been normal yet I can't ever remember feeling this un well, has anyone got any ideas or experienced similar??  I feel like I'm going mad at the moment, struggling with even basic tasks such a contrast from a couple of months ago.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Your B12 is normal? what about iron?
  • Posted

Iron is normal, I asked them about B12 today don't think they had done it so had the blood test this morning, waiting for the result.

• Posted

Have you been to GP to have vitaminD level tested.They may do a full blood work up to cover all the bases.Hope you feel like your old self soon
  • Posted

Thank you.  Previously they did FBC, Iron, ESR, Liver and Kidney Function, Hba1c (diabetes) and celiacs, there may have been others not 100% sure.  I asked about B12 today I'm note sure about D will enquire!  

• Posted

oh and thyroid
  • Posted

Hi I myself have felt like this for months plus having chronic migraines I have had all blood checks and have came back normal like urs have,I think now I have the flu too never felt so poorly,but lately I’m always poorly and doctors don’t seem to want to help 😢 hope u are feeling better soon x

• Posted

Thanks Jenny, I am beginning to wonder if its in my head or a sleep disorder or possibly a bit of both.  des91 - will do.  Gillian 68 - I have been referred to a neurologist now but I think thats more in case its MS, will see what comes of that.  Aaliyah I'm currently going through all the tests etc, waiting for the result of latest blood tests and pending a referral to neurology no answers yet, as above I'm assuming it could be psychological, down to a sleep disorder or worst case chronic fatigue syndrome or MS if the bloods are ok.  I'll post back if I get anywhere!

• Posted

Make sure all vitamins are optimal range. Not just normal but optimal.
  • Posted

Hi, sorry to hear you going through this, I'm going through a similar thing. I feel like I'm going to fall all the time due to a light weightless head. It doesn't help either as my legs have become very weak. My problem started after exercise too, have you seen a doctor? 

• Posted

Thanks Jenny, I am beginning to wonder if its in my head or a sleep disorder or possibly a bit of both.  des91 - will do.  Gillian 68 - I have been referred to a neurologist now but I think thats more in case its MS, will see what comes of that.  Aaliyah I'm currently going through all the tests etc, waiting for the result of latest blood tests and pending a referral to neurology no answers yet, as above I'm assuming it could be psychological, down to a sleep disorder or worst case chronic fatigue syndrome or MS if the bloods are ok.  I'll post back if I get anywhere!

• Posted

Check you B12 and iron first. And then take supplements and vitamins if needed. 
  • Posted

All my blood tests were normal, neurology also thinks nothing major wrong and currently being told it's Chronic Fatigue... On the plus side the tingling seems to have gone they reckon that was a side effect of cipro antibiotics I was on a while back. Still the extreme fatigue and sleep problems persist and I still struggle with leaving the house for long periods and doing basic tasks they keep asking me if I am stressed or anxious but I really don't feel I am, other than about this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.