Extreme fatigue, weakness, dizziness all the day, palpitation etc. for several years

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am a 24 years old male. I am suffering from severe fatigue, body weakness, dizziness all the time, no energy to do works, brain fog, heart palpitation and so on. It has been about 10 years since I first felt a light symptom of my weakness and fatigue. Then gradually the symptoms are being severe and now I am bound to stay home all the day because of my severe symptoms. 

I have consulted with many doctors. They suggested me many tests.

These tests are-

Thyroid tests (TSH, free T3, free T4, T3, T4), calcium, vitamin B, magnesium, electrolytes, iron profile, kidney function, liver function, ECG, Complete Blood Count, blood sugar, urine, hemoglobin, FSH, DHEA-S, lipid profile (as far as I remember of these tests)

All the doctors found my test results as normal. So they could not come to a conclusion and could not diagnose the reason of my illness. 

Then I consult with another doctor and he added another 2 tests with repeating the others also. These two tests are- Vitamin D and Folic Acid. He finds the deficiency of vitamin D and folic acid.

Vitamin D level was: 9.44 ng/mL and folic acid level was 2.3 ng/mL. 

Then he prescribes me vitamin D3 and folic acid supplements. After taking the supplements for 3 months now my vitamin D and folic acid level is normal.

But there is no improvement of my symptoms. They are still severe. So it looks like my symptoms are caused by any other disease but not by vitamin D or folic acid deficiency.

Then the doctor thinks that this is my blood problem. So he focuses on my blood picture.

He suggests me Complete Blood Count and Hemoglobin Electrophoresis tests.

My test reports:-

Complete Blood Count Report:::-

Hemoglobin level: 13.50 gm/dL (may be normal)

RBC count: 5.75 million/dL (normal)

** MCV: 74.82 fL (where normal range is 76-96 fL)

** MCH: 22.52 pg (where normal range is 27-32 pg)

** MCHC: 31.40 g/dL (where normal range is 32-36 g/dL)

Platelets: 185 K/uL (where normal range is 150 - 450 K/uL)

** MPV: 13.24 fL (where normal range is 9.40 - 12.40 fL)

Another test report shows MPV: 12.20 fL (normal)

Hemoglobin Electrophoresis Report:::-

** Hb A: 70.3% (normal range is 96.8 - 97.8%)

** Hb E: 26.6%

Hb A2: 3.1% (normal range is 2.2 - 3.2%)

---------- The test report comments that it is "Hb E trait" ----------

Now my doctor says that I have all the symptoms and all my severe body problems as a result of Hb E trait. 

But........... I cannot be agree with it. Because there is almost normal hemoglobin and RBC in my blood. Besides medical research says that- Hb E Trait does not cause severe problems when the RBC and Hb level is normal. But I am having severe problems. How is it possible when I have enough RBC and hemoglobin in my blood? 

Is there any need to focus on my Hb E Trait though there is normal Hb and RBC count?

Or are my symptoms caused by any other disease? I am totally confused!

I am very frustrated with my life. I am in a stuck with my severe symptoms. My symptoms are 24/7 with me.

Please help me as you can.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please ask me if you have any other query. 
  • Posted

Have you had your potassium levels checked?
  • Posted

It sounds like you need a second opinion.  Don’t give up!!  Many of us had to see plenty of docs before diagnosis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.