Extreme gas

Posted , 5 users are following.

So this is quite an embarrassing issue and I haven't told hardly anyone about it.. but some years ago (about 8 years) I have been passing a very abnormal amount of gas on an almost daily basis. Sometimes there are a breaks of a day or two or more when it calms down a bit, but as long as I'm eating, it's a daily thing. I'm talking that I will pass gas every few minutes or even more frequently than that during the day and night.

What also makes it abnormal is the smell. It is foul and extreme. Before this problem started I didn't mind my own gas, as most of us don't mind the smell of our own gas. But now, even I can't take it. I'm suffering and looking for ways to cover my nose because of my own gas.

So all this tells me something up to no good is going on inside me, but I don't know what it is, and it's definitely a chronic disease. If I'm fasting and don't eat food, it goes away, but people don't normally pass this amount and with such foul smell when they do eat.

Anyone ever heard or know about such extreme case? I'm diabetic type 1 by the way. Thanks for bearing with me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

hello there, you might have some bacteria over growth and some bowel tests might help you to fins out, prolly easy to heal with some medication and certain diet ☺ good luck!

• Edited

If your diet consists of a lot of green veg that may be the cause, hence when you fast, there is no gas. You could try taking a probiotic to see if that helps. Any health food shop should stock them.

• Posted

Kefir is very good for getting rid of the smell and benefits your bowel bacteria

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.