extreme giddyness due to anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi please can anyone explain why i have severe giddyness due to anxiety ,i had anxiety and panic attacks over 30 yrs ago that was caused by a traumatic experience the first sympton i had was giddyness, then followed by all the usual symptoms , i had medication at the time but it took a long time to get my life back, i have had episodes over the years but have dealt with them myself, however over the last few months i have been getting worse , i have no idea why i have remarried have a wonderful husband and am generally happy with my life . i am a very poor sleeper and gets restless legs which i think is a symptom of my underlying anxiety,but i have had some giddy turns which has made me panic, but today i went to my usual hairdressers had a colour put on and then had a massive panic attack knowing i was going to be there for atleast another hour , i was so giddy i couldn,t focus had blurrey eyes and felt really ill , when i got out i cried all the way home and am now very scared , i should have gone out tonight but couldn,t go for fear of more panic attacks , sorry to ramble on but the attack i had today has devastated me 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have felt  exactly the same for longer than I can remember and I also have stopped going to social events,or for that matter,practically anywhwere that I used to go to.It has now become an ordeal at the hairdressers which is sad,because I have spent numerous pleasant hours there.I cancel so many appointments and invitations,as I do notvwant to accept invitations an then cancel at the last minute because I cannot face the traffic on the way to London.Most of all I do not want to spoil someone else's evening.
  • Posted

Hello Marilyn.

i have health anxiety as well as feeling Giddy most of the time since I  experienced vertigo 18 months ago.Have been to doctors,consultants,had tests and MRI scans and it seems to be coming from my neck but isnot serious enough to operate.Consequently I imagine the worst possible scenario and then the anxiety starts again.

• Posted

Hello Wendl  i have also have health anxiety but thought i had it all under control i worry about everything and every one close to me see danger first in evrything i do , i have lived with that and the restictions it puts on your life but the phsical reactions to anxiety apart from my insomnia have not caused me any problems for years but suddenly they have surfaced and i cannot understand why , i was so giddy yesterday i had to grip hold off anything i could and was terrified to move my head, i find it so hard to understand that when you are in essence causing it yourself why you cannot control it and not panic , i thought i was going to die 
  • Posted

U like many of us who have all the signs of anxiety which can come from anywhere anytime & anyplace. The brain is a funny thing!

I had tried for many years to just deal... Until it was explained to me that some anxiety attacks can be a seritonon brain hormone that meds can help control. Just like a diabetic takes meds same idea for our brains need meds. In my case my brain produced too much adrenalin...causing all kinds of emotional anxiety isues.

after taking a antidepressant designed to contol the uptake of serotonin and lesson the adrenalin causing anxiety. It took a couple of days but it helped so much. I would freak at anything and cry at the drop of a hat.. It all got a lot worse for me when menopause began . Thank goodness for antidepressants

Talk with UR physician who has UR health history and can give u advice.

PLZ see on line causes for anxiety.. It's different in many cases but will help u understand the process. Also keep a journal what happens and what u experience at the time. This will help at the doc appt.

Cheers

• Posted

Thank you for your advice i will read up more on causes for anxiety and follow your advice 
  • Posted

Over the last month I have cancelled so many things that I normally enjoy doing ,but are now becoming an ordeal and I am almost leading the life of a recluse although I just manage to go to the shops which are Very local and only a couple of minutes away.However it is not a life,so Iam startingCBT because I do not want to take medications for fear of side affectswhich could make me feel worse.

feeling this bad is enough to cope with.

• Posted

i do hope you feel better soon , i havn,t had any sleep at all last night , my restless legs have twitched and ached all night ,again i had an outdoor event to go to today but think my husband will have to go alone as i feel awful hope the CBT works for you 
    • Posted

Hi Wendi..

i hope u take take a look at normal hormone imbalance in the brain can cause many of UR symptoms. Medication replaces those hormones to help give u a better qualiy of life. 

I sympathize with u and I can honestly say these meds helped me so much. Antidepressants can be rotated and small doses until UR body adjusts. I've taken them for years with no side effects.

its nice to hear u did manage to go out. That's good and I would bet u felt very happy u did .

Cheers

HOPE

• Posted

I experience restless leg syndrome. It's considered a neurological disorder and causes insomnia. It's miserable..

some medications cause it and there r some medications for restless leg. 

there r several choices UR dr can help u with. Mabe something will give u a break.. Other than chocolate of course..hehe..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.