Extreme itching after herpes, how long does this last?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone!

I have been diagnosed with HSV-1 about 2,5 weeks ago. My first ob was extremely painful, but now the sores have all cleared up and except for one little crust everything looks normal and clean again. Unfortunately I still have an extreme itch around my vagina and anus (not necessarily at the spots where I had the sores) and it just doesn't seem to go away. I can't sleep at night because of it.

Did you experience this too? How long did it last? Did you do anything to make the itch less? I am desperate.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh and another question! Can I have intercourse again when I'm only experiencing this itch? Or is it still too painful/not a good idea?

• Posted

Hey how are you?

I had something similar to this and I think because of the bacteria it is so easy to get thrush after so just try a normal thrush cream like in the UK here we have canestan, but also nerve problems can go on for some time after causing itchiness!!

try the thrush cream

Thats entirely up to you, I had sex when I felt that way (when it started to get better) and it was totally fine no problems, make sure you're well lubricated

• Posted

Hi Livelife!

I'm okay, just very sad and down. I hope this will all end soon, because I'm so done with the pain and  the itching. 

I don't have any white discharge, but is it also possible to have thrush without that? And do you think it will be harmful if I use the cream when I don't have thrush? 

• Posted

Aw yeah the first few weeks emotion wise are bloody awful seriously!

It definitely will stop soon, I have had times where I didn't have the white discharge but either way using the cream when you haven't got thrush is not harmful what so ever, if it could cause harm they wouldnt let you buy it at a shop, they would make it a prescription so they can check you first!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.