Extreme leg pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

10 weeks post op

yesterday afternoon i had Extreme leg pain on operated hip , cant describe it other than red hot pain from hip to ankle on out side of leg .

Eventually it went with tramadol and i woke up with a numb feeling in thigh and hip most of today .

any ideas ??

thanx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi Susan!

Please call your DR as soon as the office opens

i had this too and it was nerve pain you have to be very careful of infection

ive had both my hips done now and the right hip was a total breeze and i recovered fully and very quickly.

The left hip was completely different and i had nerve pain non stop from the incision area all the way down the front of my femur from a trapped nerve.

at least thats what the surgeon told me. i eventually couldnt take it anymore so i went to see a new surgeon and had a CT done and a bunch of blood work to rule out infection and then i had a bone scan.

within an hour my family dr called and told me i had a fractured pelvis and nerve damage from the brutal surgery.

im not saying thats what you have at all but they need to rule out infection as the cause of pain.

please see your DR ASAP and demand some answers. Have you been over doing it? Have you been following your 3 month hip precautions and not bending over?

I hope you feel much better as soon as possible please keep us posted take good care of yourself..

Sherry xxx

• Posted

where was your surgery done

I've been struggling with pain for 4 yrs after hip replacement ( mr cronin coventry ) that I never really wanted and i'm not alone, I sat in a room with 14 other patients and was told of at least another 28 patients with similar problems same surgeon and am trying to get something done

Mark

• Posted

had it done in Epsom mr Dynargh I'm 54 and he has ruined my leg x

• Posted

Was this the Mr Michael Cronin who is the surgeon who does the miraculous superpath technique?

• Posted

Hi Mark!

I had both hip replacements here in Vancouver Canada where i live.

i had them both done by the same surgeon in the same hospital but its UBC hospital and its a teaching hospital so i think it was a surgical student doing my surgery : (

I have had to go into VGH and have 2 different nerve blocks done in two years to help with the nerve damage.

• Posted

I'm still waiting for result of biopsy its 5 months now still not been to work leg pain all time and swelling surgeon don't want to know referred me to another hospital and I'm still waiting for results now he cant see me till may I'm at my wits end x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.