Extreme muscle fatigue/burning on all thyroid meds.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm really struggling here. I had severe hyperthyroidism after having my little girl. I had surgery one year ago to completely remove my thyroid. Ive tried levothyroxin, liothyronine, a mix of both and several different doses. Levothyroxin turn me into a raging b*h - I can not take it at all. I will not do that to my daughter or husband. Liothyronine makes me feel like complete st and makes my nerves or muscles burn simply putting on a shirt or pants - I wont mention the horrible pain in my hip and everywhere else trying to care for my 32lb toddler. I want to die on it it causes such pain and makes me completely worthless (even with my muscle relaxers and gabapentin). I decided to try Thyrovanz. Same thing - extreme muscle or nerve pain (I think nerve pain because I've lost all my reflexes and its a burning sensation). My dr is doing his best, but I don't think he fully believes how bad the pain or rage is. I think he just thinks I'm lazy and unwilling to put in time or work. I don't live somewhere that has access to a whole bunch of drs and the ones we do have are not the best. Anyone have this same experience or any idea what I can do? I'm so desperate at this point. I just want a body thats worth living a lifetime in and to be able to have fun with my daughter. I'm so tired of all this crap!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

How was your temper before ?

Do you have other health conditions ?

Why are you taking muscle relaxer ?

I had mine removed in 2012 and on Synthroid brand ever since , it was seamless for me no side effects ( aside from raging erections for the first 3 months ) I was always mild tempered.

I didn't notice any difference form my own thyroid hormone before and Synthroid after.

Why don't you test your hormones. Breastfeeding can affect the levels too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.