Extreme sensitivity/back pain...fibro flare up?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed 6 years ago with fibromyalgia, but think I've probably had it as long as I've had arthritis, diagnosed age 10, now 46 😳 I have felt like I'm in a vice crushing me for about a week round my ribs, but now my back is extremely sensitive and very sore. I can't stand anything touching me and it's extremely painful. Is this a bad flare up of fibro? Never had a problem like this before. Never asked a question before about my health...

The pain is like shingles pain.... Anyone had this? What helped? Taking lots of medication for arthritis and fibro.  Wondered if the gabapentin might be causing it? Also had a full body bone scan just over a week ago, coincidence? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Elaine

I had an MRI scan and could hardly move at all once I was out of the scanner and it lasted for a few days.  I cannot be still for very long otherwise I seize up completely and the pain is horrendous.  The rib thing may be an infection of the intercostal muscles (which  I have had and it is really painful). I'm no doctor and do not take gabapentin so can't comment.   Have you tried a heat pad.Worth checking with the GP that it is not Shingles though.  Take care.

• Posted

Hello Maggers. I also had an MRI scan last week. No result as yet but I couldn't even get up from the table after the scan. The pain was unbearable. I'm still suffering one week later with pain all down my left side since the scan.  Just wondered how long you had to wait for your results ?  Wishing you well - Julie 
    • Posted

My history with the hospital is not good. 14 cancelled appointments to date. I had the MRI in August and still have not formally got the results. In frustration I got the secretary to send me a copy of the results and got a friend who is married to a doctor to intepret them for me.Not good is it! I have since had the diagnosis of fibro from another rheumatologist who had not got the time to read the file and I forgot all about asking for the results. hope you have a better experience.
  • Posted

Hi Elaine

I have only been diagnosed with Fibro since Aug 2014. I have been suffering with pains for over 20 years and the pains have been quite severe. Up until now I had pains in my back and if anyone touched or placed their hands on my back I would be in severe pain. The pains have only slightly reduced to touch since I have been taking Ayruvedic herbal remedies for about two months, but the pains in my hands have increased. I do have a consultation with the doctor to assess my progress with the herbal remedies so will next Sunday 10th May, so I will update with my findings.

With Fibro everything is trial and error.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Take care and gentle hugs wink x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.