Extreme shortness of breath ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So after I did my Contrast CT Scan they said I have mild cylindrical Bronchiectasis in the upper lobes and Bronchial Wall thickening.

Is this what's causing my short of breath.Its been 5 months since it's started and it's only getting worse.

The medication is not doing so well for me .Can anyone help explain what I have?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hassan, all I can say is that when a lung medication isn't working for me, I call my pulmonologist's nurse.

• Posted

I apologize. I typed your name correctly but auto-mistake changed it, Hazwan.
  • Posted

Hi hazwan.  I sympathize with your shortness of breath.  I have it too ... after living with first mild and then moderate Bronchiectasis my blood oxygen is now low and I am often out of breath.  I may have to go on nighttime oxygen therapy.  I feel pretty desperate about this since these things only get worse.  Before I managed my symptoms by eating healthy food, exercising and taking supplements. I wonder if it would be worth it to use my saving to go to one of these clinics where they give you stem cell therapy.  What medication are you on? 
  • Posted

Hi Hazwan:  You can get information on line about your diagnosis and the medication the doctor prescribed.  Just google it.  It is good to be informed about your health issues.  There is usually no time in a doctor's visit to learn everything.  But if you feel it is not working you should go back and tell the doctor.  Maybe you can get something else that works better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.