Extreme Skin Issues: Dermatitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had skin issues for more than 15 years. I have tried many doctors and dermatologists but no one could cure. Following are the details hopefully someone can help. Thank you in advance!

Duration: I'm a 40 years old male. The issue started more than 15 years ago in front of the lower legs. In the last 3-4 years it started spreading to my shoulders, arms and back.

How it starts: I start feeling a little irritation on the skin, it starts itching, gets very uncomfortable and I start scratching.

How it feels: Extremely itchy and dry

What I have used: Moisturizing lotions, Oils and Steroid: Clobetasol Propionate - Topical Cream.

What helps: Clobetasol Propionate steroid cream helped the most.

Doctor's analysis: Dermatitis, Prurigo nodularis or Nodular prurigo

Doctors and Dermatologists: They say that some of the foods I consume might make it worse but don't know what exactly is the problem and how to fix it.

Lab Tests: Doctors have done allergy tests and biopsy, came back negative.

What makes itching worse: Most meats especially beef. Spicy food. Green peppers I think. Fast food. Most restaurants food. Sweets/Desserts.

Also, especially at night, when sleeping, if I have to go to the bathroom, the irritation in my body is a lot more. Once I use the bathroom, it calms down a bit.

If I'm tense at work or worried in general, skin starts itching more.

The parts of the body area where I have these rashes/hives, feel a bit warmer than the rest of the body when it's itching.

What makes itching feel better: Shower/Bath, Allergy pill: Benadryl, Homeopathic: Nux Vomica

Other health issues: Rheumatoid Arthritis and Inflammation

Recently, for a few weeks I stopped eating all kinds of meats, sugar, non-home foods and spices. For the most part, I only ate fruits, vegetables, fruit and vegetable smoothies. My body was a lot less itchy. The issue is that this diet is not very practical for a long term, so I need to find out what's going on with my body and fix it. As soon as I switched to regular food, itching started again.

Note: Also, most itching starts after half an hour to an hour of eating food.

Family History: This issue is not in my family medical history, to my knowledge.

I'm willing to try any medical methodology, medicine, lab tests, food habits etc. that can help. I'm open to allopathic, homeopathic, herbal or anything else.

Hopefully all these details will help but if you need to know anything more, please let me know.

I need help desperately, any input will be greatly appreciated!!!

I've also attached the photos.!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

looking for help also.

Have same problems as you but not as bad as yours. Mine just started 2 years ago but is getting worse.

Not found any help or advice.

nights worse , driving me mad.

If I find any thing that helps, will let you know here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.