Extreme stiffness since finger contusion

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone's healthy and fine during these times!

I got a question. I was having my first deadlift session (a compound exercise in powerlifting) after gyms had opened up, I was warming up and suddenly felt a pain in my right finger. My second warm up set then caused my finger to feel a lot of pain. It immediately started swelling and I could barely moved it. I stopped and went to the hospital in the evening. They took an x-ray of my right hand and told me it was a jammed/smashed/contused finger and that it'd heal in a couple days. Fast forward, it's been over four weeks and even though the hematoma and the swelling has gone for the major part, my finger is still very stiff. I can only move it a little. I don't feel pain unless I try to grip something really heavy or put pressure on it. But stretching and bending my finger is nearly impossible.

And this has concerned me for the past 10-14 days. They took an x-ray, told me it was a contusion but but it's been 4 weeks. They buddy taped my finger for 2 days, then I went to the hospital to check on my finger again and they said they would take the tape off because I wouldn't need it anymore.

Has anyone ever suffered from a jammed/contused finger and can maybe tell me what to do? Does it really take that long? Again, it's been a month now and the swelling has just gone away last week or so..there's still a bit of hematoma around my finger...

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.