Extremely afraid of being poisoned

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had a fear of this awhile back, but a scence from the interview had someone being poisoned and it re-ignited me fears of poison. I haven't eaten or drank anything in a total of two days and I think I am going crazy...

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

At the start of my anxiet I weighed 132 pounds, and now I weigh 95.
    • Posted

And if you don't eat you will be poisoned by your own body full of toxins

then your kidneys will be damaged and other organs and it won't be on anxiety site you'll be writing on

so boil the kettle that kills germs and make black tea fruit tea etc and put honey in which is sterile and healthy rebalance

eat a banana potassium and safe in its skin

etc etc

scramble eggs pretty safe well certain in the UK they're so tested !!!

Get some bread again hard to do much to it and make toast to get carbs and protein that might keep you alive long enough to Google what damage am I doing to my body by not eating and drinking and how long before it's irreversible !!!

• Posted

Hello Brandon, Take Gillian's advice as she talks a lot of sense. Once your organs start to fail it will be irriversable damage. Your body needs food and water like a car needs fuel to function.

Elizabeth. 

• Posted

Hi Brandon, your must take the advise above. From an anxiety point of view I am guessing fr my your post that you understand and accept that your fears have no basis of truth? And are therefore irrational thoughts ?

You can see where the trigger came from, and as a results believe that someone is out to poison you the consequence being either illness or death, however you have to ask yourself what evidence do you have of this, if there is no evidence then there is no substance to your belief and therefor it is safe to eat and drink whatever you fancy.

You not going crazy at all, your just suffering from irrational thinking which is feeding your anxiety and the cycle continues.

Like Gillian says unless you eat and drink you will make yourself seriously ill and could get to the point of bring hospitalised, so do as Gillian suggests and try to reassure yourself with the above and start eating and drinking again.Neil 

• Posted

Hi Brandon, I had a similar phase just a few weeks ago.  It was kind of a progression of my health anxiety.  I even thought friends who were trying to look after me were posining me, i cut my finger on a magazine and thought that someone might have put poison on the edge of it.  I am thankfully past this.  Its a sign that you are mentally exhausted and so anxious that your mind it telling you incorrect things.  I was also not eating but i finally asked for help and a friend helped to make food for me and i started off eating a little and am now nearly back eating normally.  Don't be afraid to ask for help.  xxx
  • Posted

I have experienced this before with my anxiety.. Then I actually asked myself how many people do you hear about getting positioned randomly? Why would someone want to poison you? Then I totally got over it because there was no reason to worry.
  • Posted

I can remember first having this when I was about 8 I was in a cafe and the lady's that worked there would not stop looking at me it was a massive hot chocolate and cream I was so excited and then I couldn't help but think they have poisoned it I had to pretend to take a sip and tell my family I felt sick even though I really wanted it now I have to empty drinks that have been left for too long aka 5 minutes without my attendance and I go get a new cup that I have to sniff and rinse ! Before I can even think about drinking it lol sounds crazy but you must fight the feeling you get you must eat and drink other wise your going t become really ill good luck and it is all anxiety x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.