Extremely asymmetrical eyebrows and only have half eyebrows, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

This may sound unusual coming from an 18 year old male as eyebrows usually aren't something which concerns guys too much, but over the past 4 years or so people have constantly pointed out the fact that my eyebrows are 'weird and thin' and ask me questions constantly such as 'why do you only have half eyebrows?' and other comments related to my eyebrows specifically, mentioning nothing about any of my other facial features. This has led me to be extremely self conscious and even grew my hair out to cover them so I wouldn't have to deal with the issue of explaining I don't have a clue why they are like this to every new person I meet, because it is one of the first things people mention about me when meeting me.

Close up in the photo they don't look as bad, but in full face pictures I can assure you they are noticeable, I also understand everyone's eyebrows are slightly asymmetrical but I've looked everywhere I can possibly think of without going to the doctors as of yet, and can't find anything online resembling the issue I have exactly. I haven't gone to the doctors yet about it because I'm not sure if this is an issue that is even resolvable or if the doctor will simply tell me it's natural, because this is really getting me down and I don't want to waste a doctors time he could be spending treating a serious condition.

The closest thing I have found is hypothyroidism or maybe alopecia that just affects my eyebrows, but I'm not too sure. So I've decided to make a post here and would really appreciate any feedback on either is this something I should go and see a doctor about, what the issue could be, or if this is simply just how my face is and is there any way I could get them to grow normally.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads or replies to this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.