Extremely dizzy and lightheaded in supermarkets

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I am Male, 29, don't smoke, healthy and fit.

Looking for some help and advice with regards to dizziness in busy places such as supermarkets, shopping centres etc. Dizziness to the point where I feel as if I am going to faint.

I would describe it as a brain fog, dizzy feeling. I just feel so spaced out, like I am dreaming or tipsy. Like I am not really present in the moment. It affects my thinking, concentration etc too.

I also get it in these situations:

• when out walking. Could be in town or in the countryside.
  • when driving. Mainly at night in the dark, but can also be during the day if it is busy.
  • when hoovering.
  • when doing any fast-paced sport.

So it seems to be any time where there is a lot for my eyes to look at and take in, Perhaps sensory overload? But then it doesn't make sense that I'd get it when out a walk in the countryside, would it?

Also, some times I seem to wake up and have the same dizzy/brain fog feeling which will linger most of the day.

I have always suffered from migraines - both painful migraines and painless migraines where I feel a heavy pressure on one side of my face/head. It also feels slightly numb. I just feel so weighed down and can't focus or concentrate. Could it then just be a migraine problem with anxiety added on the top?

Another thing to add is a rattle/vibration/rumbling I hear inside my left ear. I can make this vibration happen myself, but it also happens on it's own. Say I am sitting in a quiet room by myself and knock on the desk. The vibration will then happen in response to the noise, straight after it.

The reason I mention this is because when I have been doing some vestibular exercises - where I focus on a pen and move my eyes and head etc - i can feel and hear this vibration without any sound being present to set it off.

Could this be an inner ear issue causing my balance to be off?

And talking of balance, I can only stand on one leg with my eyes shut for around 3 seconds before I start to sway and fall over. Is this normal?

My theory (probably nonsense haha) is that I have an inner ear problem which possibly means that my eyes have to compensate and work harder to keep me balanced and therefore not dizzy.

Then, whenever there is too much visual stimuli for my eyes to handle e.g supermarket, it can't properly keep me steady and I get dizzy?

What do you think?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.