Extremely dry sinus/nose. Could this be result of taking Serc and Sudafed advance?

Posted , 6 users are following.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

not sure your a supoosed to take thise two in combo lets see what others say does the dryness bother you or make you dizzy?

• Posted

Hey Jaime,

I have been using Serc (betahistine 24mg x3 daily) for a couple of years now and have not experienced those symptoms. I actually don't have any side effects from the Serc.

I don't use Sudafed so I cannot comment on that.

Good luck my friend & God bless you 😃

• Posted

Jamie...also what type of environment are you in...is the heat recently turned on in the house...gas heat electric woodburner?..... get a small cheap gadget that will read the humidity in your house....winter time if you dont have a humidifier can drop down in the 20 and 30 % range versus 60 and higher in summer..... sudafed is a decongestant so it should help congestion...betahistine is a antihistimine dryness is one of the more common side effects....also have you been tested for allergies?.....if your on betahisinte and are drying out....u may be suffering form allergies....

• Posted

Hello Jaime, yes Sudafed does that along with appetite suppression. I took Sudefed in the past and won't do it again. I also called and let their information line know that it suppresses appetite. The weather change also can do that- it would help to use hot steam instead of taking sudafed because it dries you out everywhere. I hope this helps. Take care

• Posted

Sudafed is pseudophedrine, a drug used to dry up mucus secretions in the upper respiratory tract so that would explain your symptoms. 149 other drugs may interact with Sudafed - Serc is not one of them!

• Edited

I just learned that Betahistine should never be used with antihistamines. Sudafed is not an antihistamine but you never know how they might effect each other. The stuff I read seems to indicate that not much study has been done on drug interactions with Betahistine. I had to stop using Benadryl. BTW, the makers of Sudafed probably don't have a clue what Serc is.

• Edited

BTW, did your doctor maybe put you on a Diuretic for Meniers. If so that and the Sudafed together could account for your symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.