Extremely happy bunny

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I got on the scales this afternoon even after my wobbly day yesterday I have still lost 11lb in two weeks. I couldn't hide my excitement so I wrote a status on Facebook about it and there's always one that has to put a downer on things a friend asked me which diet I was following I said I wasn't following and specific diet just eating low fat food and doing plenty of exercise whilst drinking 3 to 4 litres of water a day. She hit me back and told me to be careful because too much water in a day can be bad for you I thought this might have been a case of sour grapes as I know she was going to slimming world a while a go and lost some weight. But I went to google and now I'm even more confused it does say too much water can be bad on lots of websites but I just can't seem to find an honest answer for how much water is too much now I'm worrying sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I know what you mean there is always a conflict of interest. However, I was always lead to believe that we should try to drink at least 2 litres a day. I don't know how you manage 3-4 litres I probably drink 3 litres of fluid in a day but that's including coffee. Also if you are doing exercise aren't you suppose drink more? I've posted a message to my mate who is a nutritionist and see what she says. 

I say whatever works for you hon.:-) 11 pounds by the way is awesome keep going.

• Posted

Ok so she just got back to me with a brief answer. She said it depends how many other fluids you are taking as well. She thought it was quite alot to be honest, but it would depend on circumstances. Perhaps you should chat to your gp who prescribed you the tablets, surely they would know your circumstance and give you the best advise. 

Bet your skin is amazing lol! :-)

• Posted

I don't drink any other fluids I'm not a tea and coffee fan nor do I drink fizzy pop or squash since I started the diet I have been doing quite a bit of exercise and usually it's on the 3 litre mark. I think the extra weight loss has come from going up and down to the toilet all the time lol need to switch to a cheaper loo roll lol my skin has really benefitted from it I suffer with psoriasis it's really helped that 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.