Extremely itchy labia majora, perenium, and anal area!

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's been 6 long years of "the itch". Yeast tests and Pap smear shows nothing abnormal, yet the right side of my labia majora is flaky, with thickened skin, and red areas that are raw frown scratching.

I went to see my GP a few days ago, and he prescribed an ointment. So far it has brought no relief. It's an antifungal steroid cream. He advised cotton panties, no baths, loose clothing, and a cleanser that is not a soap.

I will follow all his recommendations, as he thinks it's contact dermatitis. Has anyone had this before? I am worried this diagnoses is not correct and I'm in for another long stretch of itching with no relief! This itch is so awful and depressing, I just want my old body back. I am getting scarred from the years of desperate scratching, and in some places I can't grow pubic hair anymore.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was misdiagnosed for years.. make sure they check for an autoimmune disorder called Lichen Sclerosis.  
  • Posted

Sounds  like Lichen Sclerosis to me. I have had it for several years. Typical treatment is steroid such as Chlorbetasol. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.