Extremely low blood pressure?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 20 years old and my blood pressure is very low! I just got back from work with a big headache, went to try my bp and it's very low as usual.

I take O.R.S hyrdating tablets and bovril but doesn't seem to work.

I'm always feeling dizzy like I am about to faint and start shaking.

Any ideas what I can do please? xx 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you can find out the cause of the low blood pressure then you treat the cause. Say a person has anaemia by treating the anaemia it should solve the low blood pressure. 
  • Posted

Hi Jam my bp is very erratic. It can go high 225/90, I'm on bp meds or low 90/60. When it goes low I feel dizzy as you stated. I drink 3 ozs of water with about 1/2 tsp of salt in it.  It raises bp very quickly. It's a quick fix, not a cure.

• Posted

One of my friends used to have low blood pressure in the morning especially when he stood up after awakening. He was prescribed some medication for it. I think your Doc may not be considering such a medication at this stage and keeping in view your situation.. He may prescribe some medication when so inevitable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.