extremely painful constipation

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been feeling constipated for such a while now and I'm having abdominal gases that make me look like a pregnant even when i try using the bathroom to force it out afterwards i feel sore and inflamed down there for a while I'm skinny and I've lost weight and feel fatigue and tired my body isn't making use of the nutrients i take eventhough i try to eat well 

any advise anyone 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

What have you done so far, have you asked a pharmacist for advice? Do you drink lots of water? What is your diet like? Have you seen a doctor?
    • Posted

thanks for your reply 

I haven't done much but I tried eating more fibers and drinking lots of water still no use my diet isn't that much really i have fibers for breakfast and regular lunch anything mum makes and i avoid dinner cos I know i won't sleep in peace I'm just worried that there's an underlying condition behind it I also have back pain I'm not sure if it's from the stuffed colon I'm just very concern and it's depressing me  

• Posted

The back pain could be your kidneys. Have you tried prune juice?
    • Posted

Nop iahven't tried the prune juice but i did try laxatives and they do the job temporarily only and then constipation is back 

I'de probably have a full checkup just to make sure everything is fine 

• Posted

Hi sarahhelle

I really would recommend going to your doctors. You can't live in fear of your bowels I've don't that for so long that mines are extremely mucked up (ie last month I went 17 days without a bowel movement)

I agree that prune juice might help, it did for me. But I had to run to the loo, it definitely will clear you out! Sometimes too much fibre will block you up. You need to drink a lot of water so it can be absorbed into the stool to help you pass it more easily without pain.

Again I'm the same with the straining even when I have diarrhea. You mah have cause your self some damage around your rectum. Can you feel any lumps around your passage? You might have some hemiroids from the pushing and the back pain could be your muscles hurting from pushing.

I had the same symptoms and was said I had ibs and fatigue 3 years ago and now I'm at the stage of wanting a colostomy it's that bad. I don't want you to have to be the same. xx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply kimmy 

I'm sorry to hear you had IBS, my case is pretty close to yours I do force it out sometimes and i feel extremely sore afterwards for nearly half the day its terrible 

I don't feel any lumps at all it's all clear but i do feel soreness 

what's also really worrying me is that i have lost weight and becoming real skinny and I hate it I'de better head to the Dr. that's for sure 

good luck and wish you the best

• Posted

Your welcome.

They said it was ibs 4 years ago but I think they just said it was as they didn't want to do tests. My doctor agrees there's more to it so going for tests and seeing a different gastorentaologist!

I can definitely relate to the being sore, sitting down after going is the worst part for me! If there's nothing there, there still could be damage inside your rectum. The doctor may won't to do a physical exam ( putting his finger where it really shouldn't go)! I was really embarrassed by that but he made it really comfortable for me. They have stopped doing that for me as it made me bleed and the pain was so intense! It's the same here, lost quite a bit too! I'm sure there's a couple of conditions that sound similar to what's your experiencing but can't think of the name!

Yeah definitely take yourself along to the doctor, the longer you wait the more you will worry. Try not to think about it too much as stress isn't good for the bowels making you more constipated! Let me know how you get on if you want smile xx

But

• Posted

Also meant to add that lately I've had to use micro enemas and suppositories which have been helping. The suppositories have helped quite a lot with the pain around the back passage! xx
    • Posted

yes i have tried the suppositories for pain relief and they are simply magic but my Dr told me not to try to rely on them and I do take a laxative every now and then when i feel super stuffed 

I had a stool sample lately and it was normal so it gave me a bit relief of it actually being inflammatory bowel rather than IBS 

I will try for the mean time to control and take care of the constipation, I was also thinking maybe my pale skin is a result of Vit B12 defieciency and I also have joint ache I'm not sure if all these symptoms are grouped together of each is for something 

Regards

• Posted

Have you had your vitamin D checked? Vit D deficiency can cause joint ache.
    • Posted

Nop not yet I'm willing to though just to clear my mind cos I'm having muscle weakness aswell and overall body weakness 

it happened that i had vit D deficiency this May my Dr gave me pills but i only took half the dose I was prettymuch careless at that time and also the pills caused me constipation it has been five months now not sure if it went down though 

• Posted

I don't really remember the reading sorry it has been months now but the pills are Synergeys vita D 50000 IU 
    • Posted

That is a high amount of vit D they were giving you. It should work well. They say you need a minimum of three months to get your levels up properly. If you read up vit D deficiency you will see that it can cause really awful pain. Bones ache, yuck feeling ..... Quite debilitating in some cases.
  • Posted

I would start drinking tons of water and drink about 1 cup or more of prune juice every day to help keep you regular. Drink about 100 ounzes of water a day also. Both of these things will help. Also include greens in your diet 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.