Extremely painful, itchy and raw. HELP.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I really need some help and advice. For the past few months I've been getting really bad sores in the crease between the very top of my thighs and my vagina. There extremely raw and painful and they can get quite itchy. The other day it was the worse it had been and there was loads of puss. It smells really bad aswell. I have been putting sudocrem on it and after a while it does clear up but it always comes back again. It's so raw and painful that I can barely close my legs properly when it's there. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be I really need it to go away . Thanks in advance for any help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello, have you been to see your GP or Practice Nurse?  It sounds like Thrush to me but if you have never had it before, you should see a Clinician. 

Have a look at this leaflet it will help you.  Good luck.

https://patient.info/health/vaginal-discharge-female-discharge/vaginal-thrush-yeast-infection

• Posted

Hi, I haven't been to see my doctor yet, I'm going to make an appointment on Monday. I have had thrush many times before but because this isn't actually on my vagina I didn't think it would be that. I'll have a read through the leaflet thank you.

• Posted

Have you got any Clotrimazole cream or similar?  Try putting that on your thighs & surrounding area, or Clotrimazole HC which has Hydrocortisone cream in it, it might help a little.

I would be interested to know how you get on

• Posted

Yeah I'm sure I have some lying around, I will definitely give that a try thank you. I'll post an update when I know more.

• Posted

Hey and the best thing is tog etc it checked out because I know I be the same way try to do my own research and if nothing works then I go and get clinical help. If I have hair bumps on the crease I usually avoid wearing panties so that it doesn't bother the lining and make it worst because shifting the area is what makes it worst , I tried using what got comprised warm cloth on the area as well .

• Posted

I have had the same painful sores in the past. I had contracted a staph infection that caused sores/boils to appear on my back, face, neck, chest, inner thighs, and buttocks. They are extremely painful and the doctors would try different types of antibiotics on me to see if any would work. They helped very little. 

I contracted the staph infection by being bitten by a nasty brown recluse spider. It has been 10 years since the bite. I have the sores under control. Make sure to wash your bed linens often. Take bleach baths (I use 1 ounce of bleach in a warm bath and soak for 20 minutes twice a week), keep the sores clean with hydrogen peroxide, and use Neosporin ointment on the sores. 

If you have an open sore, a doctor will advise you not to take bleach baths. The baths helped me and cleared my skin up faster. I did have a boil by my vagina that I could not take care of on my own. I had to go to the doctor who said I had a duct cyst and they cleaned out the wound and placed a catheter to drain the fluid. It was a very unpleasant procedure, but it did heal within 10 days. I haven't had another by my vagina since I started my bleach baths routine, stopped wearing tight satin panties (cotton is better), and began to eat healthier. 

If it is not possible to see a doctor right away, soaking in hot water with Epson Salts does help reduce the pressure/pain you feel down there. 

The sores are the worst kind of pain I have ever experienced, and I have had 4 children, and passed a kidney stone. So, I know what true pain feels like. When going to your regular doctor, they usually don't know what to do about the sores other than throw some antibiotics at it. If the antibiotics don't work, they refer you to a dermatologist. The dermatologist usually prescribes the same antibiotics that your previous doctor already gave to you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.